Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Brown
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I am going to be demoing for Fireside games this week at GenCon, which means I am lucky enough to get an exhibitors badge, so I'll have early access to wander through the hall.
Does anyone know if it is frowned upon to purchase games during my time as an exhibitor, or does it depend on if other exhibitors want to sell to me while the hall isn't open for general admission?

I am just wanting to know so I can figure out my demoing schedule while still being able to get those new releases with a tendency to sell out.

Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Short answer: Yes, it IS frowned upon (and against Gen Con's policies) to purchase games before the hall opens, so you will likely have a rough time finding exhibitors willing to sell. That is not to say it is IMPOSSIBLE, but it will be difficult without having a personal connection at each booth. Worst case tho, you'll at least have a primo spot in line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brown
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know, I didn't want to come across poorly. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done it in the past. Simply ask if the vendor is willing to do it and be polite and understanding if they say no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandaniel wrote:
Short answer: Yes, it IS frowned upon (and against Gen Con's policies) to purchase games before the hall opens, so you will likely have a rough time finding exhibitors willing to sell. That is not to say it is IMPOSSIBLE, but it will be difficult without having a personal connection at each booth. Worst case tho, you'll at least have a primo spot in line.

Almost every booth with a large retail presence lets the exhibitor access people line up before the hall opens and then purchase right as the doors open. You may or may not feel a few pangs of guilt doing it, but it's very common. Just check with the booth and ask if they mind if you wait to make a purchase when the doors open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.