Maarten van Roy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

my son and I bought KM Arena earlier this week and I saw that there are several dolls, bombs and traps in the box that I can't summon/throw/place. There is no KM that has the ability and neither are there tokens included for it. Do I need additional KM's for that who have the abbility to do so? I find it rather strange that stuff is in the box that can't be used with all the contents of the box itself.

Additionally I wonder if KM is still in production as I see almost everywhere that it's sold out and won't become available anymore. I also see stuff about season 1,2,3 and 4. What does it mean?

Maybe, if you know all the ins en outs of KM, you can clear me up a little as my son and I are 100% newbies on KM.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,
Maarten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mroy wrote:
Hi,

my son and I bought KM Arena earlier this week and I saw that there are several dolls, bombs and traps in the box that I can't summon/throw/place. There is no KM that has the ability and neither are there tokens included for it. Do I need additional KM's for that who have the abbility to do so? I find it rather strange that stuff is in the box that can't be used with all the contents of the box itself.

Yes, there are some tokens for other 1st season krosmasters.

mroy wrote:

Additionally I wonder if KM is still in production as I see almost everywhere that it's sold out and won't become available anymore. I also see stuff about season 1,2,3 and 4. What does it mean?

The base box, 1st and 2nd season figures are OOP now and will be not produced any more.
But Ankama (and CMON as distributor in US) are going to launch base 2.0 with quite similar rules but completely new krosmasters and 4th season at Autumn/Winter.
So the game is not dead, it is still alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the tokens in the base box that are not required for the original 8 in the box, are/were available. They are collectively known as 'Season 1'.
It's very likely you'll be able to find them all:

Krosmaster: Arena – Exp #1 – Fire and Ice
Krosmaster: Arena – Exp #2 – Remington Style
Krosmaster: Arena – Exp #3 – Percimol Rules
Krosmaster: Arena – Exp #4 – Earth and Wind
Krosmaster: Arena – Exp #5 – Goultard Control
Krosmaster: Arena – Exp #6 – Close Quarters
Krosmaster: Arena – Exp #7 – Bad Boys
Krosmaster: Arena – Exp #8 – Shak Attack

Do note that you will end up with doubles of 6 of the 8 figures in the base box by acquiring all of those expansions. This is fine, as multiples of the 'common' figures are allowed to be used. The list above will use all of the tokens in the season 1 base box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just beware that this can become addictive and IF you try to get them all, well, it will be a challenge and cost you a lot more than you might imagine.

With that being said IF you can enjoy the characters you have and add ones you get later (at a reasonable price), this game is great. Heads always turn when I get out my copy and people really like the pre-paints. What stops most people in their tracks is the characters that are exclusive to tournaments (and there are a lot of them and the price for these characters are what turns most people away.).

Starting with Season 2 Krosmaster went with the blind box format (here in the US I should say as it has always been blind box format everywhere else.). With Season 2 you still had window boxes that you could purchase and get the whole set (best way to go unless you have somewhere where Krosmaster characters are traded.). Here in the US it got ugly with Season 3 as it went all blind box meaning each case had something along the lines of 16 boxes and sold by case or individually and you did not know what you were getting until you opened it (this has chased away more than a few people here in the US by going blind box format.).

Season 4 will be the same as Season 3 in that of the blind box format however we now have CMON taking over the reigns of Krosmaster from Japanamie Games. One can only hope CMON will do something better with Krosmaster than Japanamie Games but we shall see.

Another downfall I keep hearing even today is why are the same figures done 3 times with only slight changes? Yes, this is Krosmaster for you and love it or hate it, it is what it is.

I just picked up one of the resin Krosmaster boards to go along with my resin terrain and boy does it make this game pop. Really, the beauty of this game is the detail and pre-paints of these characters and the resin terrain. Even if you do not get into the resin terrain the 3D boxes, bushes, rocks, and all that comes after, really makes this game shine.

If worried about production, for the time being I say we are safe. CMON is a good company and I see them doing things the CMON way after Season 4, but that is just a huntch and my guess (here in the US anyway.).

One very important thing about Krosmaster going forward...all characters are compatible to the 2.0 version released by CMON. I asked this at Gen Con 2016 and was told by CMON that indeed you will be able to use any and all past Krostmaster characters in their 2.0 version. This was very important to me as to if I were to go any further with Krosmaster and after hearing the answer I am happy to say I look forward to future releases.

IF the answer was to have been no, I would still have a lot of great characters and enough gameplay to keep me going for more years than I can imagine...but this is not the case and Krosmaster rolls on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.