Machi Koro» Forums » News

Subject: Possible new expansion coming? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
Today in the news segment of the Board Game Breakfast show of The Dice Tower, Tom Vasel mentioned Machi Koro, of which a new expansion would possibly be released in the near future. He couldn't mention the name of the expansion, because he didn't know for sure how it would be called, but he said something like "Big Cities" or something like that.

Does anyone have any news regarding this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/205494/machi-koro-bright...

This has been chatted about a lot recently but I didn't listen to that episode so unsure if this is the one he was mentioning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
Oh no! It's not an expansion at all, but just a new standalone version of the game. What is said in a thread on the forum of that set is that a bunch of buildings from the original base game and the two expansions, but not all of them, are in this version of the game. I assume it's not really meant to be an expansion as well. No combining, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked it up at Target yesterday. It wasn't an expansion. Full new game using cards from the base game and expansions with a new card(s).
I heard a rumor that the new card(s) would be available to get people who already had all the expansions and base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is just an easy way for casual family gamers to get the expansion cards and have a better a more complete game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the cards have a night theme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
It is just an easy way for casual family gamers to get the expansion cards and have a better a more complete game.

As well as an easy way to get them to play the X-X-2 variant, in which the manual uses the 5-5-2 one...differently. The cards look like they 'come' from the decks instead, so, if you deplete a pile, you must draw from the specific deck, not ANY. For instance, if you buy the last Forest that's face up on the deck, then you must replace it with a 'new' unique from the <6 deck, you can't draw from >7 or the Major Establishment decks. I saw a picture of that rule on Facebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it does. Looks like they listened to the fans and went with that way to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's also a Target exclusive, so no reason for us Europeans to get excited

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
I heard a rumor that the new card(s) would be available to gebe boot people who already had all the expansions and base game.

They should make sure the cards are a third size, to make it even more impossible to shuffle :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.