6 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Monster Bases for Conversion Kit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming you need to use the same bases from the 1E version of the game, but just slot in the new monster tokens?

This is a bit of a pain if you intend to play both games regularly. Anyone know if they are including additional bases for the Conversion Kit? Or do you have to buy them as extras from their store or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you need to remove the chits from 1st edition bases and put in 2nd edtion chits. If you plan on playing both, then, I'd suggest to keep things as they are, and possibly sleeve the chits (miniamerican works perfectly)

Considering that all 1st edition products have been removed from the Upcoming queue, possibly minis and tiles will be reprinted in the future for 2nd edition, and at that point you can simply use the new ones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh that is not good news! Some of the chits were so hard to slide in I doubt I will ever be able to slide them back out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
The bottom of the new chits isn't hidden info, so you could just place the 2E chit upright in the bit used for tracking damage in 1E - you'll just have to put the ID tokens on the base instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's a big deal, but it did give me something to prepare before the game is in my hands. I just slid them all out and ziplocked them up. There were a few that were difficult to get out, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I remember.

For those that are swapping a lot, I could see some wear on the chits though.

That being said, I wouldn't expect FFG to include that many bases with the core 2E game when not everyone will be using them (or maybe just some of them).

Still excited. Just asked so I could get my set ready!!! wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter T
msg tools
Exit, stage left!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they just sell us a few extra bases for the monster tokens. I rather keep the flexibility of playing either version of the game w/o additional setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.