Subject: Ever win all 5? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
This is one of the few games I'm consistently better at than my wife. Last night I noticed we hadn't played it in a while and got it out. First game I was feeling pretty confident, but she surprised me and won 9-7. I had to have a rematch. Before we revealed the cards in the second game I joked "I think I won all 5." I say this a lot, whenever I'm feeling confident, though it had never happened. But, somehow she had misjudged her hand and I took all five. Granted, two of the colors were at 1 point each, and she had dumped all of those cards. I won 14-0. I was laughing and couldn't believe it and she snapped a picture.

Has anyone ever seen this before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Usually right before the wife files for divorce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Ich bin Eier aller Arten
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people always have to win - every thing, every time. That is what makes this game such a wonderful solitaire experiance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico
Italy
Val di Non
Trentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It happened once to me too.

It was a close game and my opponent dumped cards aggressively in order to get the money he needed during the auction phase (as he knew a church card he placed in the auction pile had yet to show up and that card would probably have decided the game), resulting in him losing two on which he was ahead.

It seems to be quite rare, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife, who is some sort of Biblios shark, wins 4 quite often (and once in a 4P game!), but 5 is a rarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
isellsunshine wrote:

I know you are joking (at least I think you are), but our marriage is stronger than that. Although I almost filed for divorce when earlier in the day she beat me in Firenze by 30 points...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:
isellsunshine wrote:

I know you are joking (at least I think you are), but our marriage is stronger than that. Although I almost filed for divorce when earlier in the day she beat me in Firenze by 30 points...

Ya I was joking - should have included the
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Zaretsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Just played for the first time last week -- 2 player game, where my opponent also had not played before. We played 3 games in a row, and in my first two games, I won every category. Last game, I won 3 out of 5, and still was the overall victor. Granted, the guy I beat was semi-new to gaming, and I've been gaming on and off since the 1970s, so there's that. I've been kinda out of the gaming hobby for years, at least until now, so a lot of modern gaming is brand new to me. But I guess I still have some decent strategic instincts.

That said, I was surprised and pleased that after we finished each game, that my friend immediately wanted to play again. He did improve a bit (or maybe just got a bit luckier) by the third game, so that should be a good sign for future plays (it's not fun if there's no challenge or risk of losing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.