Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably a really dumb question and the answer is probably staring at me, yelling at me to see it but... how do I know if my Sub has the 105mm deck gun so I can get the bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rhind
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Must. Stop. Buying. Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff,

Look at the top of your Type IX's. "10.5 cm status" with a finite number of ammo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh the 10.5cm equals 105mm... why not just put 105mm up there

thanks...

If you don't mind a quick off topic second question...

I started Sept-39 therefore at Sept-40 I'm eligible for promotion. If I'm on patrol June-40 the required "p" for the type IXA is during Jul-40 and "r" refit on Aug-40 do I roll for promotion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rhind
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Must. Stop. Buying. Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read the rule is promotion would not be rolled until after the next patrol because the promotion must occur no less than 12 months after the start of the patrol. Not sure if I explained that very well but read 11.2.3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I was reading it, thanks for confirming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm pretty sure the promotion attempt is made during the first Refit month after 12 months. So if you started September of 1939 but were still at sea the month of September 1940 then you would try for a promotion the first month you are back at port for refit (so maybe October 1940 or even November 1940 if you were in a Type IX submarine and September 1940 was the second month of your patrol or you had a 'resupply' patrol month, etc.)

What I'm not so sure about is when your second promotion attempt would be made but I have always played that it should be 24 months after you first started, so it would be in September 1941 - even if your 'promotion' was in October 1940 then your next attempt would still be in September 1941 (if you were in port). I think the main purpose is to prevent being promoted while at sea - I don't think you're supposed to be penalized because you were at sea on a patrol when you would have normally been promoted...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Ahhh the 10.5cm equals 105mm...

That's the simplicity of the decimal system.

AvidHunter wrote:

why not just put 105mm up there

Because I believe that's not the naming system used by the Germans. Yes, that means it's the table that should say 10.5cm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boyens
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mb
Having been in the US navy, the promotion review comes up 1 year (or more depending on grade) from the last promotion - so it would be from whenever the promotion was made in my mind. That is how I play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wedgeij wrote:
AvidHunter wrote:
Ahhh the 10.5cm equals 105mm...

That's the simplicity of the decimal system.

AvidHunter wrote:

why not just put 105mm up there

Because I believe that's not the naming system used by the Germans. Yes, that means it's the table that should say 10.5cm.

Correct, the Germans never referred to their weapon calibers in millimeters. Always centimeters. 2 cm, 3.7cm, 8.8cm and so forth..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.