Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game, haven't played.

I noticed that you start the game with 3 cards, but have to discard down to 2 after each turn.

Does this mean you usually have to discard a card after your first turn, but thereafter you don't? (Because you draw one and play one, so your hand stays at 2.) It seems weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the quick response! I'm looking forward to playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil S. Stein
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related: you start the game with three cards. The rules say at the start of your turn you draw one, then play one. Does this mean that your first turn you choose from four cards then choose from three thereafter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
The reasoning, after 10 plays of experience, is information. This is a game of shifting and hidden information. The starting cards allow you to make decisions and not just be dealt a rough hand of 2x Emissary/Paige.

I love the game; much more than the others I play it with who seem lukewarm. Being able to have even a paper-thin strategy in a 15 card microgame like this is a huge difference from stuff like Coin Age (also enjoy) that rely entirely on luck of the draw (or flip rather).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.