Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a Euro girl, and have never given games heavy with minis a second look. But, The Walking Dead - No Sanctuary KS has pulled me over to the dark side sauron

The game seems quite strategic, based on watching Rahdo's run-through of it. I am quite excited! And although it is an expensive game, I can't believe how much stuff we are getting - and not just minis. Lots of scenarios, characters, cards, etc.

Anyone else being pulled to the dark side by this game? Or considering it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping this is a good replacement for The Dead of Winter, which I found lackluster. It didn't have enough strategy for my tastes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny, 1944: Race to the Rhine made me start looking at some Euros. I came back to my senses soon enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Trinket
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just backed this about 3 hours ago, not realising it was in its last hours. (relieved that I found it in time) I saw it when it first hit Kickstarter and at the time, it didn't really interest me at all. But this morning I was checking it out and watched one of the game play videos, I saw all the unlocked content and the cool looking minis and was very much impressed. Really pumped for this game. I think there is only a couple of hours left until it closes though.

I wouldn't say I was pulled over to the dark-side. I love mini based games, just as much as Euro games but this game seems to have a great story and I'm really enjoying the Walking Dead book/TV series. Fingers crossed it is just as great to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As my avatar shows, that was a Joke There are a few more hours left! This game will be the best Zombie game on the market (Period). 20 playable characters, each with their own mini and unique, thematic 15 card deck, over 18 scenarios spanning the first 3.5 seasons of the show. A six inch long RV miniature with its own scenario! This is a must have game and the value of the KS version verses retail is out of this world. Go check it out before it's too late!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cryptozoic has finally hired two boardgame designers with hobby boardgame experience. The Sadler Brothers have a good record of game design, primarily with Fantasy Flight Games, including Warhammer Quest card game, Descent, Gears of War, etc.. I prefer coops, and many of the scenarios are based on key episodes in the tv series. Rahdo has a review on the KS page and is quite positive (he's positive about most of his reviews, but may be one of those "I only have time to review games my wife and I like" reviewers). It's a "Leadership Conflict" coop, where players have to minimize the negative results of leadership choices on the group and characters. I *guess* if you have This War of Mine or Viking Banner Saga (whatever the game MegaConGames KS months ago), the gameplay *concept* is similar.

As for miniatures, Reaper staffer Anne Cooper painted the promotional master resins, and is *very* enthusiastic about them and the game. Another playtester has also seen the masters. Plus, this is one of the few KS I've seen with *unarmed* survivors I can use in other zombie games, such as All Things Zombie. And, hopefully, I can use that free RV to run over zombies in Zombicide! (Cryptozoic says, "The height will be about 70-80mm.")

$115 EB's are still available, and it includes the base game, two expansions, and enough SG's for a third expansion. A $40 standee version will be available mass-market retail, with no standee-only expansions planned. If you already have proxies and don't care for the expansions or their characters, this may be a less expensive alternative. I'm not clear what the MSRP of the hobby-market base game and expansions will be. If it's like other KS projects, I expect the base game to be 30% less expensive than the KS pledge level, but, of course, not include the SG's and expansion sets. Since they're not as expensive as the base game, you don't save as much on expansion sets if you wait for retail. The marginal cost between the $75 base game pledge (which includes the SG's) and $115 EB is $40, and this basically gets you two expansion sets. $20 for an expansion set? Not bad. Also, of course, Carl and Michonne are in the expansion set.

Finally, this game, as Greg put it, lets you play an "all scumbag" team of the Governor, Merle, Shane, and Lori! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than 2 hours left - I hope we can get to the last SG at 450k.

That RV is 6 inches long?!?!? I didn't convert from mm - holy cow!

The deal for the amount of stuff we get is truly amazing, and with awesome looking game play! If anyone is interested, hope they check it out before it closes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Dacula
Georgia
msg tools
I am hearing that the $450k SG is going to be awesome. I'm praying we get there. The game is still great already, but I will take all three extras we can get. Hopefully some more people will jump in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn you talked me into it.

Certainly improved since I first looked at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Life time member of the Ameritrash Lovers Club. Welcome to the fun side of gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
Damn you talked me into it.

Certainly improved since I first looked at it.

Whoo-hoo!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the show but I wasn't feeling this Kickstarter at all until 5 mins ago when I read this thread, now the pressure of less than 1 hour left made me have a look again.
My wallets sad.
In for one pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeple1 wrote:
Love the show but I wasn't feeling this Kickstarter at all until 5 mins ago when I read this thread, now the pressure of less than 1 hour left made me have a look again.
My wallets sad.
In for one pledge.

Yes, but it appears we'll be getting a really good ROI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. With that last Add-on this is literally an amazing value!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Euros are the dark side for me. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WetRock wrote:
Euros are the dark side for me. devil

laughlaughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I like both (actually, there are probably more than two) sides of gaming.

I wouldn't consider either of them light or dark, though.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Maracle
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
OverText is such a 23rd centruy fad.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will admit that I did play Monopoly in college.

I was young. I needed the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ksaeger wrote:
I am a Euro girl

in a Euro world?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
The question to ask about any game with nice minis:

If this game was chits and counters, would I still play it?

If yes, then the minis are a nice bonus.
If no, then you are just buying minis. (nothing wrong with that, just know thats what it is)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum_Jack wrote:
The question to ask about any game with nice minis:

If this game was chits and counters, would I still play it?

If yes, then the minis are a nice bonus.
If no, then you are just buying minis. (nothing wrong with that, just know thats what it is)

Well you can (Could) get the mini less version for cheaper. Best of both worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.