Popular Tags: [View All]
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question really. Is this game worth the price tag if we enjoy Eat Poop You Cat? Or is it basically the same thing with scoring attached?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wipe-off boards are nice, no matter how you play (or even if you want to play Pictionary) rather than using a bunch of paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
79strat wrote:
Simple question really. Is this game worth the price tag if we enjoy Eat Poop You Cat? Or is it basically the same thing with scoring attached?

I wouldn't say it's basically the same thing with scoring attached - it's actually much more limiting, since you start with just one word. EPYC you have the freedom to do a sentence, a lyric, etc.

I find the pens a bit thick and the whiteboards a bit small to do much more than one word.

If you'd like a little more structure than EPYC, don't mind a single word, and don't want to have to come up with your own word, might be worth a buy.

The few times I've played it I haven't done it with scoring, I find it more fun without - and scoring tends to reward "boring" conservative drawings, whereas I prefer the sessions that have crazy-yet-appropriate drawings that result in wild morphs of the original clue.
Finally, I like that in EPYC you can keep the pages; in Telestrations you'd have to snap a photo if you want to keep it.

Personally, if you can't tell, I'm not a big fan, give me pen-and-paper EPYC any day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually score the game but that is an absolute afterthought and not the main point. We still get crazy/bad drawings. People who draw the craziest things usually get points.
IIRC, the thick pens were a design decision to make it slightly more difficult to draw.
I like single word or small phrase. Though I've never actually played EPYC, I think drawing phrases, especially made up phrases, would remove part of the fun. Seeing 'piano' go to 'bartender' and 'stenographer' is part of the fun, and when it starts with some random collection of words, it doesn't seem like it'd be the same thing.
All IMHO, YMMV, ETC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.