Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any plans to reprint in the near-future? Doesn't seem like it was ever easily available in the US. With its minimal components, and dare I say even using a paper board, it seems like U&P could do a large print run at low cost, actually distribute through mainstream online stores at under $20, try and generate more buzz a 2nd time around, marketing especially to all the Napoleon's Triumph fans, and do really well. And there seems to be the potential to create a whole series of games using the same system. I can't imagine that U&P is surviving on FUBA sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
Not every company, especially smaller one, are looking to put in all the effort you describe. Perhaps they are happy with their current success? But I don't really know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Reprints are a really tricky business decision. You really better be sure there is a ton more demand for your product. Going to a large scale production run can of course reduce costs per unit but you still need to sell them. I printed an extra 1000 of my first game because that next thousand was so cheap. Never sold them and took a loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I'll buy one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Karlsson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or if not a physical reprint, how about a print-and-play version? The only component that any True Wargamer* doesn't already have at home is the corps cards, right?

*) I can plunder my copy of Settlers of Catan for the pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally thought the game was available as print and play due to the very few components this game had and the size of the map.

As PnP it could be achievable. Wooden pieces are easy to find, or even make, else there could still be printable tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed - if the publisher in fact has no plans to reprint it again, it would be great if they officially made it available for print and play, since it is so component-light. Especially in light that they approved for the Austerlitz variant files to be posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want one. Any sellers reading this, please send me a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If they do not want PnP, could it be at least game crafters printable. It all depends if the size of the map and the cards match those of game crafters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.