Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked through the forum posts and couldn't find an answer to this question, I also watched Paul's how to play video and want to make sur eI'm playing correctly.

When hiring workers do I have to move down officials or do the ones occupying the bottom portion of the board count? I played that you could use officials already there.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving officials down is a different action. You have to already have officials in the lower area to hire workers, unless you get the workers via a card bonus triggering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colemunrochitty wrote:
Moving officials down is a different action. You have to already have officials in the lower area to hire workers, unless you get the workers via a card bonus triggering.

That's what I thought, but I saw a few people post that in order to hire workers you had to transfer officials down to the worker area too.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahaa...it's even more simple than that. From rules page 8...

"Important! Moving Officials from the Governors area of a Region to
the Workers area of the same Region does not cost re-assignment points and can be done at any time during the player’s turn, regardless of the action performed.
Reminder: The Workers Area of each Region can host up to 2 Officials."

...so it can be done at any time, it does cost reassignment points to move them back up.

Best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dang Nguyen Hai
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colemunrochitty wrote:
Ahaa...it's even more simple than that. From rules page 8...

"Important! Moving Officials from the Governors area of a Region to
the Workers area of the same Region does not cost re-assignment points and can be done at any time during the player’s turn, regardless of the action performed.
Reminder: The Workers Area of each Region can host up to 2 Officials."

...so it can be done at any time, it does cost reassignment points to move them back up.

Best

I second this, just move Officials from the Governors area to the Workers area for free if you want to increase the number of hired worker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
I looked through the forum posts and couldn't find an answer to this question, I also watched Paul's how to play video and want to make sur eI'm playing correctly.

When hiring workers do I have to move down officials or do the ones occupying the bottom portion of the board count? I played that you could use officials already there.

Thanks

Some confusing responses. In short, moving officials down to the worker area is always a free action. You must have officials in the worker area to hire workers (1 worker per official - maximum of 2 officials); you can use the officials that are already in the worker area to hire workers or move new officials into the worker area to hire workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses, and thanks Joel for the clear answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I was away and missed this message, but looks like you got the answers you needed

Thanks for watching the video - hope it helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Sorry I was away and missed this message, but looks like you got the answers you needed

Thanks for watching the video - hope it helped.

The video was excellent, short and everything explained well. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.