Subject: Broken Token Eldritch Horror kit incoming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Thompson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just found a Facebook post (https://www.facebook.com/TheBrokenToken/posts/80678873275533...) that states that a kit has already been designed, and should be released after the next two crazy conventions (GenCon/Origins?). I finished building the Big Damn Crate for Firefly: The Game last week, and hope it is another in the Craftman's series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they don't try to get too cute with it like they did with Blood Rage. It looked great, but I ended up throwing most of it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrick Strauss
South Africa
flag msg tools
Oh wow.

Have been looking at their amazing inserts for a while now. Having one for Eldritch and all expansions would be a treat! The way they did FireFly's is very impressive in that big box!

Pity I'll never own anything from them shipping overseas and a devalued currency puts the price at my monthly food bill O_o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless it spans two boxes it will be useless. Meeple reality does a better job and has one in the works
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrick Strauss
South Africa
flag msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Unless it spans two boxes it will be useless. Meeple reality does a better job and has one in the works

Why would you want it to be more than one box? From what I've seen Broken Token prioritises function and economy. In addition to making their inserts compatible with sleeved cards...whereas Meeple's does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orihalcon wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Why would you want it to be more than one box? From what I've seen Broken Token prioritises function and economy. In addition to making their inserts compatible with sleeved cards...whereas Meeple's does not.

Because there is way, way more EH content than is humanly possible to fit in one box. At least if you try to allow for some more future expansion content, which is 200% guaranteed to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True. We will see at least a couple of big and several of small expansions to Eldrich horror. After that the Ffg need a new game to print money. So we need insert that Are set of three boxes to fit all in... If the arkham horror gives any clue, where we Are heading...

Maybe ah2:nd edition next ;-)
Or something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrick Strauss
South Africa
flag msg tools
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
Orihalcon wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Because there is way, way more EH content than is humanly possible to fit in one box. At least if you try to allow for some more future expansion content, which is 200% guaranteed to come.

Yes...if you look at the game box as your limitation. The Big-Damn-Crate they built for FireFly is a completely custom box If they go with something similar for Eldritch (which I am pretty convinced they will) I'm sure they will leave room in their design for future expansions. 1 big box and 2 small boxes seems likely. Then you'd have a single massive box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
ATLANTA
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orihalcon wrote:

I have another insert that prioritized fitting everything in one box and it makes it harder to find the components for play. I want something that makes it easier to get the game to the table and I would rather it take up two boxes, if that is what it takes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrick Strauss
South Africa
flag msg tools
robcannonsoftware wrote:
Orihalcon wrote:

I have another insert that prioritized fitting everything in one box and it makes it harder to find the components for play. I want something that makes it easier to get the game to the table and I would rather it take up two boxes, if that is what it takes.

That I can agree with 100%. Had to do a setup - with my card split variations - and it took just under 30 minutes. I have no inserts at present at all so if they can design something similar to the FireFly Crate I'll be interested. Just pull out and play or play out the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orihalcon wrote:
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
Orihalcon wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Yes...if you look at the game box as your limitation. The Big-Damn-Crate they built for FireFly is a completely custom box If they go with something similar for Eldritch (which I am pretty convinced they will) I'm sure they will leave room in their design for future expansions. 1 big box and 2 small boxes seems likely. Then you'd have a single massive box

Oh. I had no idea they did custom boxes, not just inserts. Yeah, a custom box for EH would be sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Meeple reality Mansions of madness insert which uses two boxes. It's awesome http://www.meeplerealty.com/store/p59/The_Cursed_Mansion_com...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thompson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Big Damn Crate I built for Firefly:

Edit: yes, it will be a box, not just an insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrick Strauss
South Africa
flag msg tools
Branr wrote:
The Big Damn Crate I built for Firefly:

Edit: yes, it will be a box, not just an insert.

Love the fact you can just stand it upright and play straight from the box. Zero setup time almost!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stim
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Big Damn Crate and Mighty Fine Edition really make set-up easy. It now takes about five minutes to set up Firefly. You can turn the crate on it's end and every deck can be played without it taking up an extra table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
So... did this project get nerfed or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.