5 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tyrion Lannister vs The Blackfish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felicia Rodriguez
United States
flag msg tools
If I play Blackfish first and my opponent plays Lannister can he still cancel my card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Grafström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FishRod19 wrote:
If I play Blackfish first and my opponent plays Lannister can he still cancel my card?

Yes. You play the cards at the exact same time and Tyrions "cancel" goes first (this - that cancel goes before everything else - is mentioned in the rules but I don't have the rules available at the moment).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felicia Rodriguez
United States
flag msg tools
This is the way we had played before but there was confusion because of who played the cards first if that mattered. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Zeliec
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are instances when the exact order of House card
resolution is important. Should a timing conflict occur, follow this
order of operations:

1. Any “Ignore” or “Cancel” text abilities are first resolved in
the player order of the Iron Throne track.

2. Other conflicting text abilities are then resolved in the player
order of the Iron Throne track.

3. After the outcome of combat is determined, any “win/lose
this combat...” text abilities are resolved in the player order of
the Iron Throne track.
The text ability of the first card is implemented completely
before that of the second card.

Technically, if there are two house cards with text. If they have Ignore or Cancel they are resolved first. If you have 2 Ignores or 2 Cancels or Cancel and Ignore, you must resolve them in regards to IT track.

If there is no Ignore or Cancel, proceed by resolving in IT track turn. 1st goes the one higher on the IT (even though that can mess you up, specially in ADWD)

If you have Tyrion and Damphair, Lanny must first choose to return Damphair or not. Obviously would be good NOT to return it as it would cost them 2PT but you get the point I guess.

Since Tyrion MUST go first, if Lanny chooses NOT to use it, Damphair, can use his ability and choose a better card, Lanny can't cancel it.

Another Scenario, Lanny plays Tyrion vs ANY GJ card lets say Balon, GJ returns Balon to the hand, can play Damphair, uses Damphair ability and pays 2 PT, GJ can play Balon again.

I hope this helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yatsura Urusai
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
who played the cards first

Both players choose, reveal and play house cards at the same time.
It is not allowed to wait and see what your opponent plays before you choose your card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.