Subject: Interrupts the one who interrupted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rules say: And a player can’t play an Interrupt Story
Card on another card that was used to interrupt.

So, this means that if Player A interrupts the storyteller with a story card, player B cant immediately interrupt player A with a same element interrupt card. That means that the player who interrupts (player A) can play at least one more card without being interrupted. Or he can immediately pass after his interruption.
Am i right guys?

P.S. i watched at TableTop that players can talk to Storyteller, asking him/her questions and forcing him/her to say a word that it is on their card so they can interrupt him/her. Is this legit?

Thank you in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Xristos, this isn't an official answer, just how we play in my group.

I think you have the interrupt rule right.

We do play with questioning allowed. If the Storyteller is wary and creative with their answers it builds the story and the fun, and is unlikely to trip them up, but it does happen! We don't have a rule for how many questions you can ask, but we tend to be reasonable with just one or two each per player-turn (i.e. from the moment the Storyteller picks up the story to the moment they hand over to someone else). Quite often not even that many, because most of the time you're just as well to listen to the story as ask a question. Asking a question can also give away what you have. Then again, if what you have is pretty obscure, or definitely doesn't fit the current direction of the story, you might as well ask a question.

Whew, strategy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yangtze2000 wrote:
Hi Xristos, this isn't an official answer, just how we play in my group.

I think you have the interrupt rule right.

We do play with questioning allowed. If the Storyteller is wary and creative with their answers it builds the story and the fun, and is unlikely to trip them up, but it does happen! We don't have a rule for how many questions you can ask, but we tend to be reasonable with just one or two each per player-turn (i.e. from the moment the Storyteller picks up the story to the moment they hand over to someone else). Quite often not even that many, because most of the time you're just as well to listen to the story as ask a question. Asking a question can also give away what you have. Then again, if what you have is pretty obscure, or definitely doesn't fit the current direction of the story, you might as well ask a question.

Whew, strategy!

Thank you!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Guys, can an interrupt story card be used to interrupt as a normal story card? I mean, if the Storyteller SAYS the word «sword» , and i have an interrupting card with the same word, can i play the card to interrupt him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McKeehan
United States
Knoxville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that always works. The interrupt cards just have an added way to take the story over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jodokast4 wrote:
Yes, that always works. The interrupt cards just have an added way to take the story over.

Thank you, Nathan. Rules say that you can use them as normal stories cards, but can interrupt only after the storyteller plays a Story Card
of the same category. Thanks for the clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.