3 Posts

Dark Gothic» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to use the Card "Timber Wolves" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isabel Kirsch
msg tools
Hy,

ist my first time that i played an english game but i like it.

But there is some question about the Card "Timber Wolves":

The text on the card says ...Fight: Timber Wolves require an extra combat to defeat for each Ally you have played this turn...

Means this that the Alleys must have been played before i buy the Wolves card ?

Or in other words: do i have to look in my discard pile if there is an Ally, which i played this turn ?

Thanks for answering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means +1 Combat for each Ally you have played, any in your hand or discard pile don't count. So say you have a hand of 3x Start Combat, Lucy Hanbrook, Lady Hanbrook, Lord Hanbrook (lol, talk about a monster hand ). You could play 3x Start Combat, claim the Timber Wolves, since you have not played any Allies, no extra cost, then play your Hanbrooks afterwards for their effects/resources. If you played Lucy and Lord Hanbrook, T-Wolves would require 5 Combat (which you still have since Lord Hanbrook is 3 Silver + 2 Start Combat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schmusie1980 wrote:
Or in other words: do i have to look in my discard pile if there is an Ally, which i played this turn ?

You would not consider cards in your discard pile. During the course of your turn, as you play cards you do not put them into the discard pile. Keep played cards separate from your discard pile until you finish your turn and do cleanup. Newly acquired cards do go to the discard however.

The way we were taught at the FFP booth at Gen Con is that you essentially play your entire hand to your board, then decide how you're going to use the resources and abilities. In that case the timing of how many allies you have played when you defeat Timber Wolves would not come into play - you would consider them to all have been played. But I think you could play that timing to your personal taste and only count those you have used to acquire any cards previously that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.