Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was an early backer of Tokaido Collector's Edition Kickstarter campaign and by now FunForge has failed me three times.

Passport Games came through and actually helped me and sent me correct card replacements for my misprinted cards. They helped me every step of the way and assisted me immediately when I asked for help.

I had a problem of having a bunch of cards miscut/misprinted and I reported FunForge of this issue in February this year. They told me they will send me replacements in a couple of weeks. It is August today, six months later. They never did.

FunForge didn't hold ANY of its promises made to customers through the campaign process. After all the manufacturing delays, broken promises of unified rulebook, absolutely horrible component quality for panorama cards, misprinted cards, never delivering the promised art book, completely fiddly non-deluxe Matsuri components and non-thematically brown 'japanese' miniatures and completely useless customer support, I am done with FunForge and anything they might produce in the future.

FunForge also tried milking customers with another ZNA Kickstarter campaign, which seemed to have been pre-funded with Tokaido campaign money and it blew in their face and backers ran away from the campaign until it was canceled. FunForge also ruined the release of absolutely brilliant game Quantum, by Eric Zimmerman, with such horrible component quality issues which essentially made this dice-driven game nearly unplayable without TWO waves of replacements.

If anyone from FunForge is reading this - which is unlikely since you never paid attention to customer feedback during the campaign - you're horrible.

I will never buy any other product of FunForge and will make sure that every gamer I know is aware of how badly this business is being run. I hope that game designers of such greatness like Antoine Bauza and Eric Zimmerman will never go to them with their designs again.

FunForge wrote "Kickstarter is the best way for us to make it the game it deserves to be."

They did not succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By and far the most disappointing aspect of the KS campaign was the customer service. I would point out, however, that many backers said that they were quite happy with the final product despite the extended fulfillment process.

F2Z entertainment (which owns Z-Man and Plaid Hat Games studios) was recently acquired by Asmodee Group. Asmodee merged with FFG and Days of Wonder earlier last year. It's possible that some future wave of publisher consolidation will see Fun Forge taken over by a group like Asmodee, in which case perhaps customer service will improve from the poor level it currently maintains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Law
Denmark
Kolding
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for one of my minis... I got 2 of one kind, and none of the other... and I've been waiting for a long while... and it was the turtle dude ... so unhappy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonçalo
Portugal
Oliveira do Hospital
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in agreement regarding the panorama cards.

What were they thinking?! It is almost impossible to separate them without tearing and in the end you have a set of poorly cutted cards...

It is possible to do the same with High Quality... just look at TIME Stories...

And the minis just look awkward!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FunForge is banned me from their support site when i show them some photos about the miniatures they packed in the game box, and asked them that those paint jobs is intentional or just poor quality...

My coin purse had a paint splash on it, i guess i will never get a replacement one. I tried Passport Games, but it seems that way is a dead end too.

Banning unhappy customers from the support site is how pathetic solution from a company, on a 1-10 scale?

Anyway, after this incident in my eyes FunForge became the most disgusting company in this business.

Edit: I got a mail that Passport will send me a coin purse. A giant thumbs up to them!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kisnord wrote:
FunForge is banned me from their support site when i show them some photos about the miniatures they packed in the game box, and asked them that those paint jobs is intentional or just poor quality...

My coin purse had a paint splash on it, i guess i will never get a replacement one. I tried Passport Games, but it seems that way is a dead end too.

Banning unhappy customers from the support site is how pathetic solution from a company, on a 1-10 scale?
That depends very much on the behaviour of the unhappy customer doesn't it?

If I owned a forum and somebody kept posting rude and aggressive criticism, calling my company all sorts of names while having a negative and accusatory tone... I'd ban the crap out of them.

If, on the other hand, an unhappy customer expressed their opinions in a constructive manner, was open and helpful when I tried my best to work with them... I'd welcome their input, be responsive to them and perhaps find a way to bring them into the fold in some way.

I have no idea which extreme you tend toward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
kisnord wrote:

If I owned a forum and somebody kept posting rude and aggressive criticism, calling my company all sorts of names while having a negative and accusatory tone... I'd ban the crap out of them.

If, on the other hand, an unhappy customer expressed their opinions in a constructive manner, was open and helpful when I tried my best to work with them... I'd welcome their input, be responsive to them and perhaps find a way to bring them into the fold in some way.

You are wrong. Both of those is a paying customer, and the customer is always right. You have the right not to fulfill every replacement need of the customer, but banning them (not im the only one who gets banned) instead of solve the quality issues is simply disgusting.

But i think you will be an excellent FunForge employee...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kisnord wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
kisnord wrote:

You are wrong. Both of those is a paying customer, and the customer is always right. You have the right not to fulfill every replacement need of the customer, but banning them (not im the only one who gets banned) instead of solve the quality issues is simply disgusting.

But i think you will be an excellent FunForge employee...
Why is the customer is always right? (BTW, I would make a terrible FF employee - I come from a quality control and customer service background)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andywhite wrote:
I found FunForge to be rude and unhelpful. I backed the collectors edition kickstarter and something went wrong with my pledge. Kickstarter apologised for the problem but told me their system doesn't allow adding people back into the pledge, so they said contact Funforge to arrange payment and to be included on the their kickstarter delivery. Well, FunForge were not only uncooperative and rude, they essentially said tough luck, you missed out.
I think FF played the "tough, suck it up" card quite a lot. Or... they stuck to their guns, played things according to the rules and avoided setting precedents that might prove difficult for them. Take your pick.

But I get your point, I think that their "customer relations/community manager" role was executed very poorly. But they certainly weren't obliged to be "co-operative" (i.e. do what you wanted, just 'cos you wanted them to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I was an early backer of Tokaido Collector's Edition Kickstarter campaign and by now FunForge has failed me three times.

Passport Games came through and actually helped me and sent me correct card replacements for my misprinted cards. They helped me every step of the way and assisted me immediately when I asked for help.

I had a problem of having a bunch of cards miscut/misprinted and I reported FunForge of this issue in February this year. They told me they will send me replacements in a couple of weeks. It is August today, six months later. They never did.

FunForge didn't hold ANY of its promises made to customers through the campaign process. After all the manufacturing delays, broken promises of unified rulebook, absolutely horrible component quality for panorama cards, misprinted cards, never delivering the promised art book, completely fiddly non-deluxe Matsuri components and non-thematically brown 'japanese' miniatures and completely useless customer support, I am done with FunForge and anything they might produce in the future.

FunForge also tried milking customers with another ZNA Kickstarter campaign, which seemed to have been pre-funded with Tokaido campaign money and it blew in their face and backers ran away from the campaign until it was canceled. FunForge also ruined the release of absolutely brilliant game Quantum, by Eric Zimmerman, with such horrible component quality issues which essentially made this dice-driven game nearly unplayable without TWO waves of replacements.

If anyone from FunForge is reading this - which is unlikely since you never paid attention to customer feedback during the campaign - you're horrible.

I will never buy any other product of FunForge and will make sure that every gamer I know is aware of how badly this business is being run. I hope that game designers of such greatness like Antoine Bauza and Eric Zimmerman will never go to them with their designs again.

FunForge wrote "Kickstarter is the best way for us to make it the game it deserves to be."

They did not succeed.

May I ask which cards were misprinted? Just would like to check if my copy is also faulty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kisnord wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
kisnord wrote:

You are wrong. Both of those is a paying customer, and the customer is always right.

I don't know if you were wrong or right, but the customer is not always right. Sometimes the customer is very wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sure, not replacing a damaged component is the right way to do, so as banning unhappy customers. Sure, legitimize the way how FunForge treat the customers.

And yes, if the customer paid for something and hes not happy because the end product is damaged or its far from the quality what the company is promised, then the customer is always right.

FunForge got what they deserved, all the negative and aggressive comments deserved, because they dont have the spine to tell the backers what is really going on. They spent too much money on useless features (like their pledge manager), so they will lower the quality, and going to sell the first few hundred copies to conventions to get some more money.

After 2 years delay, they still not give the backers a pdf artbook. A pdf... Not a physical copy, just a file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am never buying anything from FunForge again. The stole $25 from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kisnord wrote:
Yeah, sure, not replacing a damaged component is the right way to do, so as banning unhappy customers. Sure, legitimize the way how FunForge treat the customers.
No, damaged product should be replaced. You have no argument from me. Banning unhappy customers isn't really what happens. Rude, aggressive and insulting posters get banned from forums - it doesn't matter whether they are customers or not, nor does it matter whether they are happy or not. It's the unpleasant nature of posts that gets people banned, not their state of mind.

Quote:
And yes, if the customer paid for something and hes not happy because the end product is damaged or its far from the quality what the company is promised, then the customer is always right.
Not so, it depends on what the customer insists on as a response from the company. Yes, you're right that things promised should be delivered and that damaged/missing elements should be replaced, you have no argument from me. But demands that people should be sacked, employees should fall on their swords, apologies should be issued, etc. all these fall outside of the commercial relationship and a customer insisting on these is not right.

Quote:
FunForge got what they deserved, all the negative and aggressive comments deserved, because they dont have the spine to tell the backers what is really going on. They spent too much money on useless features (like their pledge manager), so they will lower the quality, and going to sell the first few hundred copies to conventions to get some more money.
Negative responses? Probably. Aggressive, rude, insulting responses? Nope. You'll never persuade somebody to your point of view through aggression. You might feel better (though I doubt it), but the company is likely to fail to reply directly and may respond in a manner that you won't appreciate.

Quote:
After 2 years delay, they still not give the backers a pdf artbook. A pdf... Not a physical copy, just a file.
Yup, and that's bad. Very bad. But being rude and aggressive to them won't change anything... apart, maybe, from your blood pressure.

I am not an FF apologist, I'm certainly not happy with the way they managed the project and I'm not entirely happy with the product. I don't even intend to legitimise their take on "community management" on Kickstarter - I've been publicly (and privately) critical of them in this regard. However, I do have a significantly different viewpoint on how to approach my differences with FF than do you. Obviously you feel that because I don't support you, I must be against you and therefore I must be "the enemy" and in league with FF in some way. You are wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:
I am never buying anything from FunForge again. The stole $25 from me.
How did they steal $25 from you? That's a strong accusation to make!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Obviously you feel that because I don't support you, I must be against you and therefore I must be "the enemy" and in league with FF in some way. You are wrong.

I dont think so. There are some "knights in shining armor" who defends this lying company at all cost, looks like one of them is you.

Some backer still not get their reward. Some of those did not get an answer from FunForge...

FunForge deserved what they got. There was a million way to handle their mistakes, yet, they told lies after lies, even when everyone knows that is not true. For example:"we ship the rewards in backer number order, first come first serve", backers who have 2500+ number get their game sooner, then the 500+ numbers. After so many backers reported that, they sent another update where they confirmed their previous statement.

Worst and most disgusting company in this industry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kisnord wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
Obviously you feel that because I don't support you, I must be against you and therefore I must be "the enemy" and in league with FF in some way. You are wrong.

I dont think so. There are some "knights in shining armor" who defends this lying company at all cost, looks like one of them is you.
This is fun! Let's break that down shall we? "Knight in shining armor". Thank you, kind words, I appreciate it; "who defends this company at all cost". No cost to me, no gain to me either. I don't defend their actions (quite the reverse where they have demonstrably, factually, done wrong). But I don't think that the behaviour of some folk has been exemplary and have tried to gently point that out where I felt that behaviour was unwarranted and unlikely to produce a useful response. "One of them is you". Like I said, I'm not with you, so it appears that I must be against you. Nope, I just don't like aggressive, rude and unproductive behaviour, regardless of the cause. If you haven't figured that out yet, I'm clearly doing it wrong, sorry. FF seem to hold the same opinion, so in that respect I guess FF and I are in agreement - even though we aren't on the same side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mörk
Sweden
Luleå
Norrbotten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not got My KS plage yet! I e-mailed them a number of times and get the anser that I should "recive it shortly", "you should hve gotten it already", and a LOT of other lies. I Will personally keep an eye on every KS campaign FunForge is starting and warn everyone about them! This is a SCANDAL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ljuybos wrote:
I have not got My KS plage yet! I e-mailed them a number of times and get the anser that I should "recive it shortly", "you should hve gotten it already", and a LOT of other lies. I Will personally keep an eye on every KS campaign FunForge is starting and warn everyone about them! This is a SCANDAL!
I'm afraid that you'll be waiting a long time to get your "revenge": FF have already said that they won't use KS again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mörk
Sweden
Luleå
Norrbotten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Ljuybos wrote:
I'm afraid that you'll be waiting a long time to get your "revenge": FF have already said that they won't use KS again.

Classic, I bet they blame KS for their own failure. Soon they probably will start blaming backers for not just accepting not getting their already paid game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ljuybos wrote:

Classic, I bet they blame KS for their own failure. Soon they probably will start blaming backers for not just accepting not getting their already paid game.

They blame the backers a long time ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ljuybos wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
Ljuybos wrote:

Not really, but if you want their take on it I suggest you read this thread FunForge: Some questions to answer if you haven't already done so. It's the thread where FF say that they won't do KS again (here)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.