Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was an early backer of Tokaido Collector's Edition Kickstarter campaign and by now FunForge has failed me three times.

Passport Games came through and actually helped me and sent me correct card replacements for my misprinted cards. They helped me every step of the way and assisted me immediately when I asked for help.

I had a problem of having a bunch of cards miscut/misprinted and I reported FunForge of this issue in February this year. They told me they will send me replacements in a couple of weeks. It is August today, six months later. They never did.

FunForge didn't hold ANY of its promises made to customers through the campaign process. After all the manufacturing delays, broken promises of unified rulebook, absolutely horrible component quality for panorama cards, misprinted cards, never delivering the promised art book, completely fiddly non-deluxe Matsuri components and non-thematically brown 'japanese' miniatures and completely useless customer support, I am done with FunForge and anything they might produce in the future.

FunForge also tried milking customers with another ZNA Kickstarter campaign, which seemed to have been pre-funded with Tokaido campaign money and it blew in their face and backers ran away from the campaign until it was canceled. FunForge also ruined the release of absolutely brilliant game Quantum, by Eric Zimmerman, with such horrible component quality issues which essentially made this dice-driven game nearly unplayable without TWO waves of replacements.

If anyone from FunForge is reading this - which is unlikely since you never paid attention to customer feedback during the campaign - you're horrible.

I will never buy any other product of FunForge and will make sure that every gamer I know is aware of how badly this business is being run. I hope that game designers of such greatness like Antoine Bauza and Eric Zimmerman will never go to them with their designs again.

FunForge wrote "Kickstarter is the best way for us to make it the game it deserves to be."

They did not succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experiences with FunForge are top notch. I got quick replies to questions, was sent replacements when I asked for them etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew White
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found FunForge to be rude and unhelpful. I backed the collectors edition kickstarter and something went wrong with my pledge. Kickstarter apologised for the problem but told me their system doesn't allow adding people back into the pledge, so they said contact Funforge to arrange payment and to be included on the their kickstarter delivery. Well, FunForge were not only uncooperative and rude, they essentially said tough luck you missed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.