The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Sins and Acolytes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I think most people already know these. I've created this list to save myself some time from needing to hold 16 boards and read them.

SINS

Pride - Yellow - BEWARE LONE HEROES! When a Hero fights alone, ignore 1 Defense.
Sloth - Blue - SLOWS DOWN HEROES! Heroes that Start a Fight are Marked until the end of the round. Marked Heroes move 1 fewer Space per turn (minimum of 1). A Hero may take 1 Wound to ignore this for a turn.
Lust - Pink - BEWARE HEROES WHO GET TOO CLOSE! If any Hero ends their turn in the same Space as one other Hero, both Heroes take 1 Corruption.
Envy - Green - BEWARE HEROES THAT TAKE OF THE BOUNTY! Whenever a Hero gains an Upgrade card, they may take one Wound - otherwise, all other Heroes take 1 Corruption.
Gluttony - Purple - BEWARE HEROES! I WILL FEED OFF YOUR POWER! Whenever a Hero gains an Upgrade card, you gain a Sin card. Whenever a Hero gains an Extra Turn token, you gain a Reaction token.
Greed - Yel/Or - BEWARE HEROES WITH TOO MUCH! You roll +1 dice in any Fight with the Hero with the most Upgrade cards. (ties for most Upgrade cards count as the most)
Wrath - Orange - BEWARE ATTACKING HEROES! Each time one or more Monsters are destroyed in a Fight, teleport ANY Monster 1 Space, unless the current Hero takes 1 corruption.

ACOLYTES

Once per round. Summon a dead ? to join a non-Ranged Fight (before dice are rolled).

Nun - Alpha - Then replace one of the City Actions in that District with a Corruption token.
Doctor - Alpha - Mark the current Hero, who may not heal Wounds until next round.
Hobo - Alpha - Current Hero chooses one of his Upgrade cards and turns it face down until end of round.
Fireman - Beta - Then put a Fire token there.
Police - Beta - If the current Hero is alone, he takes 1 Wound.
Gangster - Gamma - Summon up to two dead Gangsters to join a non-Ranged Fight (before dice are rolled).
Diplomat - Gamma - Mark current Hero until end of Round; who loses their Natural Ability.
Musician - Delta - The Hero can't take Voluntary Corruption this Fight unless he also takes 2 Wounds.
Chef - Delta - Current Hero's Skill becomes 0 and cannot be further modified until end of round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've been following your different posts on this game and they're really helpful, thank you.

Would you consider compiling them all and putting them in the files section ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Culbertson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Corrupted Nun replaces a city action with a corruption token. Is this removable? Does that corruption apply to entering and leave g any space in the district or only to a player using a city action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dolan
United States
Rockford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
After re-reading the rules, here's how I view the situation;
- City Actions are part of a District space (page 15)
- Characters suffer a Corruption Check when entering or leaving a space with a corruption token
- Cleansing lets a character remove tokens from the space they currently occupy (page 15 again).

So, I believe you will take corruption checks when entering or leaving a space with a corruption token on a city action space, and you can attempt to cleanse it. You wouldn't suffer a corruption check when resolving the city actions; you just won't get the effect that the corruption toke has replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pat Dolan wrote:
After re-reading the rules, here's how I view the situation;
- City Actions are part of a District space (page 15)
- Characters suffer a Corruption Check when entering or leaving a space with a corruption token
- Cleansing lets a character remove tokens from the space they currently occupy (page 15 again).

So, I believe you will take corruption checks when entering or leaving a space with a corruption token on a city action space, and you can attempt to cleanse it. You wouldn't suffer a corruption check when resolving the city actions; you just won't get the effect that the corruption toke has replaced.

That's how I've played it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Warlock00 wrote:

Greed - Yel/Or - BEWARE HEROES WITH TOO MUCH! You roll +1 dice in any Fight with the Hero with the most Upgrade cards. (ties for most Upgrade cards count as the most)

What if all heroes have no upgrade cards? Then they all have "most", right? Seems to make logical sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dilkROM wrote:
Warlock00 wrote:

What if all heroes have no upgrade cards? Then they all have "most", right? Seems to make logical sense...

Not really. Zero can never be considered "the most", therefore no hero has the most upgrade cards in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
webs1 wrote:
dilkROM wrote:
Warlock00 wrote:

Not really. Zero can never be considered "the most", therefore no hero has the most upgrade cards in that case.

Whaaaaat? How could this possibly be true? If I owe $10, and Steve owes $5, and Bob owes $0, Bob has the most money out of any of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
webs1 wrote:
dilkROM wrote:
Warlock00 wrote:

Whaaaaat? How could this possibly be true? If I owe $10, and Steve owes $5, and Bob owes $0, Bob has the most money out of any of us.

Okay, "never" was probably not true, but if we talk about real entities, not abstract ones, my point is still true.
One could also argue that since all of you don't have any money, nobody has the most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
We're running a race. You're 10 feet behind the start line, I'm 5 feet behind it. Anthony is at the start line. He's in first place.

There's a hole in the ground. I'm sitting at the bottom, you're sitting on the edge. You're 0 above the ground, but you're still higher than me.

There are probably better examples, and people could argue that, but they'd be wrong. That would require a very specific rule being added to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
We're running a race. You're 10 feet behind the start line, I'm 5 feet behind it. Anthony is at the start line. He's in first place.

There's a hole in the ground. I'm sitting at the bottom, you're sitting on the edge. You're 0 above the ground, but you're still higher than me.

There are probably better examples, and people could argue that, but they'd be wrong. That would require a very specific rule being added to the game.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. ????
If all heroes have zero upgrade cards, noone has the most, not everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Temporin
Italy
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mb
someone tells me how to act the
chefs?
What is the Skill that becomess 0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pippo Munchkin
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ciao Michele,

The skill is...the skill (Abilità in Italian)

I mean that the number beside the eye symbol on the hero cardboard becomes zero. Which implies that for the rest of the round that hero will not be able to do any cleanse action.

Tematically speaking the chef intoxicates the hero, who is therefore down for some time (no fires extinguished, no corruptions or nest or pentragram removed..)

ps: ho articolato un pò meglio qui, ma è la stessa risposta che ti ho dato sul gruppo FB. Spero ti sia utile e chiaro. Ciao Ciao.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.