J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Bullets are out, water is in. Apple is replacing the controversial pistol emoji with a green water gun in the next version of its iPhone and iPad operating system, iOS 10.

The gun swap is just one of a number of emoji changes the company announced on Monday. It will also introduce new and revamped emojis that show women doing stereotypically male jobs like detective, construction worker, and police officer. There are new female athletes, a pride flag, and family options for single parents.

The water gun swap is not Apple's first foray into cartoon gun control. Earlier this year the governing body in charge of emojis nixed a proposed rifle emoji. It was one of a number of possible new additions, but Unicode Consortium members Apple and Microsoft argued against the Olympics-inspired gun, according to Buzzfeed.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/01/technology/apple-pistol-emoj...

There's still a poop one though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now they are coming for your pointless sprites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this will stop gun violence. Good job Apple , what a brave and controversial stand. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Well this will stop gun violence. Good job Apple , what a brave and controversial stand. :shake:
No more or less so then having a gun owners microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They also outright rejected a new rifle emoji. I wonder when their autocorrect will start changing the word gun into flower.

For guns rights people, you can show your support by going Android with your next phone , they are keeping the pistol. You can also choose Microsoft because they are changing their raygun emoji to a realistic hand gun.

Really this shouldn't be a surprise, apple's whole development paradigm has been making choices for you, they are going to create culture, not let culture dictate to them. They are very authoritarian that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
And this is a big deal because ... ?

It's not. Whoop-de-doo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb
Who cares? It's an emoji. No one over the age of 15 should be using them anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Who cares? It's an emoji. No one over the age of 15 should be using them anyway.
Is there a lawn emoji you can keep the kids off of?

As for me, I wish there was a tank one. I'd like to just send that to people to see if they want to platoon in World Of Tanks or not. Glass phones are so shitty to write messages on, a pictogram is so much more efficient and easy to send.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argyle Mac Sook
Antarctica
Someones foot
Luna
msg tools
badge
My arch enemy is Dr. Dryer. Curse you Dr. Dryer!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

surprise soblue yuk shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Fuck Apple. not because of this emoji bullshit, who cares. Fuck Apple because their computers suck balls.
I don't like the pretentious "apple culture" either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Fuck Apple. not because of this emoji bullshit, who cares. Fuck Apple because their computers suck balls.
I agree Apple is terrible, but I don't get the hate for ball suckers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An Apple spokesperson had released an official statement on this issue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.