Subject: Running out of wolfz miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul de Senquisse
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

Just to be sure, because I notice a difference in the way Runners and Wolfz are worded in the rules. Runners "get two Actions per activation". Meaning that when you draw an extra activation card, or run out of runners, each runner gets to act twice too.

But wolfz get "three actions per GAME ROUND". There are no wolfz extra activation cards, but when I run out of wolfz miniature, how many extra actions do they get? Three, because they are meant to be better runners, and the rules are just poorly worded (using "game round" instead of activation) or only a single one (they do indeed get a single action per activation, they just activate three times a round) to balance their being better runners usually, but worse when you run out of minis?

So far we're playing the first solution (running out = 3 actions for the wolfz) but I could see it go either way, because there's usually a reason when rules are worded differently for something that looks similar at first sight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Clansman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
desenquisse wrote:
Just to be sure, because I notice a difference in the way Runners and Wolfz are worded in the rules. Runners "get two Actions per activation". Meaning that when you draw an extra activation card, or run out of runners, each runner gets to act twice too.

But wolfz get "three actions per GAME ROUND". There are no wolfz extra activation cards, but when I run out of wolfz miniature, how many extra actions do they get? Three, because they are meant to be better runners, and the rules are just poorly worded (using "game round" instead of activation) or only a single one (they do indeed get a single action per activation, they just activate three times a round) to balance their being better runners usually, but worse when you run out of minis?

So far we're playing the first solution (running out = 3 actions for the wolfz) but I could see it go either way, because there's usually a reason when rules are worded differently for something that looks similar at first sight...

You'd have to ask GG for a definitive answer. I suspect that (with the designers being French) the subtle distinction you are making (in English) was not intended.

The core rule book states "[if] players run out of miniatures of the indicated type...all Zombies of the indicated type resolve an extra Activation"

If the designers had intended that this wolfz should not reactivate I would have expected them to made that explicit - something like "Wolfz do not get extra activations if the players run out of minatures".

I think this is one where the question to be answered is "What would be most consistent with the game as a whole?" In a similar vein, the Deadeye Walkers rules only talk about how to target survivors - there is no explicit statement that "if the Deadeye Walkers have no target, they will move according to the rules for standard walkers". However, it would seem odd to have the Deadeyes simply accumulating on their spawn points, so I assume that they behave like all other characters - if no immediate target to attack, then move towards the noisiest zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
three actions per activation.

I would always assume the rules to be consistent, until proven otherwise. this is a simple game with simple and elegant mechanics. assuming anything else seems to make no sense to me at least.

also, like said above, if anything else was intended, they would have stated it explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the wolfz should get 3 actions if they get an extra activation.
GG is know for their bad use of consistent wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game Round Summary at the back of the Wulfsburg book shows that it's just different wording for the same thing:

Wulfsburg Rules - Back Cover wrote:
Runners get two Actions per Activation, Wolfz get three Actions per Activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We always kill the woflz ASAP so I have not run into this. However, if we did have this happen, to me it is clear that they would get to reactivate if you run out of them and draw their card again. Just seems logical because this is how all the other Zombies work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul de Senquisse
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
The Game Round Summary at the back of the Wulfsburg book shows that it's just different wording for the same thing:

Wulfsburg Rules - Back Cover wrote:
Runners get two Actions per Activation, Wolfz get three Actions per Activation.

Perfect, hadn't checked the Summary, clears any doubt there might have been. Logic is safe, we played it right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul de Senquisse
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tyrellrwood wrote:
We always kill the woflz ASAP so I have not run into this.

So do we, but in Red or Orange, when they pop faster, and when an Abominalpha on the board turns your Runner cards into Wolfz cards, it can definitely happen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.