The Champion of the Wild» Forums » General

Subject: POWER EVENTS - prototype and suggested rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
Below are the event titles and descriptions for the Power events included in the Animal Games prototype along with all suggestions meeting the criteria as specified in the FAQ.

The flying and water provisions for the prototype events can be seen in the free Print n Play file under 'Files'.

Alternative Power events suggested by backers in the Kickstarter project comments will be listed here. Please make any event suggestions in the Kickstarter project comments tab first before mentioning them here to ensure they are listed under your name.

Please ‘Recommend’ the events you like by clicking the green “Thumbs-up” button next to the event's individual entry below the main list.

If your event suggestion is not listed here, either it did not fulfil the suggestion criteria (see project FAQ) or we may not have got round to posting it yet. Feel free to contact me on BGG or Kickstarter if it has been more than 3 days in case I have missed something.

Power events

1) Balloon bursting - Animals take turns to go in to a warehouse of height, length and width 200m which is packed full of balloons. They must burst as many as possible in one minute. Players may choose to have a water surface as the floor of the warehouse.

2) Chariot - Animals must carry their players as far as possible over a time period to be chosen by the event selector

3) Gauntlet - Animals take it in turns to run the gauntlet, where all competing animals are lined up facing towards them in a long half-pipe with diameter three times the greatest width of the competing animals. They must progress through the half-pipe as quickly as possible whilst their rivals try to stop them

4) Discus - Animals must throw a standard discus (diameter 18cm, weight 2kg) as far as possible

5) Javelin - Animals must throw a javelin as far as possible. The event selector can decide whether the javelin length and weight can be altered by players for their animals or whether it should be Olympic standard (length 2.6m, weight 800g)

6) Sand transporter - Players team up with their animals to transport as much sand as possible across a distance of 20 metres in 30 minutes. A large pile of sand and many sandbags are provided

7) Eating cream crackers - Animals must eat as many cream crackers as possible in one minute. The crackers are in a huge central pile and human players are allowed to help feed their animals if appropriate

8) Royal Rumble - Animals all start in a square boxing ring with sides of length three times greater than the maximum dimension of any competing animal. They must try to push or throw each other out of the ring. Time spent in the ring is scored, with a time limit of one hour

9) Weight lifting - Animals must lift the largest weight they are able so that no part of it touches the ground. Weights can be of any chosen shape. The event selector can decide whether score is based on absolute weight lifted or relative weight compared to that of the animal

10) Shot put - Animals must throw a standard shot (weight 7.26kg) as far as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 1

Balloon bursting - Animals take turns to go in to a warehouse of height, length and width 200m which is packed full of balloons. They must burst as many as possible in one minute. Players may choose to have a water surface as the floor of the warehouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 2

Chariot - Animals must carry their players as far as possible over a time period to be chosen by the event selector

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 3

Gauntlet - Animals take it in turns to run the gauntlet, where all competing animals are lined up facing towards them in a long half-pipe with diameter three times the greatest width of the competing animals. They must progress through the half-pipe as quickly as possible whilst their rivals try to stop them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 4

Discus - Animals must throw a standard discus (diameter 18cm, weight 2kg) as far as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 5

Javelin - Animals must throw a javelin as far as possible. The event selector can decide whether the javelin length and weight can be altered by players for their animals or whether it should be Olympic standard (length 2.6m, weight 800g)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 6

Sand transporter - Players team up with their animals to transport as much sand as possible across a distance of 20 metres in 30 minutes. A large pile of sand and many sandbags are provided

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 7

Eating cream crackers - Animals must eat as many cream crackers as possible in one minute. The crackers are in a huge central pile and human players are allowed to help feed their animals if appropriate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 8

Royal Rumble - Animals all start in a square boxing ring with sides of length three times greater than the maximum dimension of any competing animal. They must try to push or throw each other out of the ring. Time spent in the ring is scored, with a time limit of one hour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 9

Weight lifting - Animals must lift the largest weight they are able so that no part of it touches the ground. Weights can be of any chosen shape. The event selector can decide whether score is based on absolute weight lifted or relative weight compared to that of the animal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
POWER EVENT 10

Shot put - Animals must throw a standard shot (weight 7.26kg) as far as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_teece_ wrote:
1) Balloon bursting - Animals take turns to go in to a warehouse of height, length and width 200m which is packed full of balloons. They must burst as many as possible in one minute. Players may choose to have a water surface as the floor of the warehouse.

This one is really weird. I just don't get what you are going for here.

Quote:
2) Chariot - Animals must carry their players as far as possible over a time period to be chosen by the event selector

It's okay, but a bit nebulous.

Quote:
3) Gauntlet - Animals take it in turns to run the gauntlet, where all competing animals are lined up facing towards them in a long half-pipe with diameter three times the greatest width of the competing animals. They must progress through the half-pipe as quickly as possible whilst their rivals try to stop them

Strange but fun. Makes me think of the old British Bulldogs schoolyard game. Or Gridiron....That could be a fun one to add to the team category.

Quote:
4) Discus - Animals must throw a standard discus (diameter 18cm, weight 2kg) as far as possible

5) Javelin - Animals must throw a javelin as far as possible. The event selector can decide whether the javelin length and weight can be altered by players for their animals or whether it should be Olympic standard (length 2.6m, weight 800g)

6) Sand transporter - Players team up with their animals to transport as much sand as possible across a distance of 20 metres in 30 minutes. A large pile of sand and many sandbags are provided

7) Eating cream crackers - Animals must eat as many cream crackers as possible in one minute. The crackers are in a huge central pile and human players are allowed to help feed their animals if appropriate

8) Royal Rumble - Animals all start in a square boxing ring with sides of length three times greater than the maximum dimension of any competing animal. They must try to push or throw each other out of the ring. Time spent in the ring is scored, with a time limit of one hour

9) Weight lifting - Animals must lift the largest weight they are able so that no part of it touches the ground. Weights can be of any chosen shape. The event selector can decide whether score is based on absolute weight lifted or relative weight compared to that of the animal

10) Shot put - Animals must throw a standard shot (weight 7.26kg) as far as possible

These are all quite good. Although 'cream crackers' are not something I am familiar with. British terminology?

I said it in the team thread, but will repeat here... TUG OF WAR! :)

How about a destructive event? I did mention tree felling in the other thread which could go well under Power. What about Demolishing a house? Could be fun. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
Balloon bursting was kind of the family equivalent of a destructive one. But taking down a building is probably better.

I like most of the power events. I think power and technical are my favourite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_teece_ wrote:
Balloon bursting was kind of the family equivalent of a destructive one. But taking down a building is probably better.

I see. Yeah the cool thing about the building one is that enough ants could actually do it.

Maybe there could be an special rule for minibeasts for some events allowing them to use as many individuals as would weigh the same as their heaviest competitor? That would make them a lot more competitive

Quote:
I like most of the power events. I think power and technical are my favourite.

Agreed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.