The Champion of the Wild» Forums » General

Subject: TEAM EVENTS - prototype and suggested rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
Below are the event titles and descriptions for the Team events included in the Animal Games prototype along with all suggestions meeting the criteria as specified in the FAQ.

The flying and water provisions for the prototype events can be seen in the free Print n Play file under 'Files'.

Alternative Team events suggested by backers in the Kickstarter project comments will be listed here. Please make any event suggestions in the Kickstarter project comments tab first before mentioning them here to ensure they are listed under your name.

Please ‘Recommend’ the events you like by clicking the green “Thumbs-up” button next to the event's individual entry below the main list.

If your event suggestion is not listed here, either it did not fulfil the suggestion criteria (see project FAQ) or we may not have got round to posting it yet. Feel free to contact me on BGG or Kickstarter if it has been more than 3 days in case I have missed something.

Team events

1) 4 x 100m sprint - A team of 4 animals must transfer the baton around the 400m track as fast as possible, each completing their own 100m leg as in the 4 x 100m athletics event

2) Animal stacking - Animals are stacked on top of each other so that only one animal is touching the ground. Players can use tools and machinery to move the animals, but the stack must remain stable for one minute to qualify as stable. The number of animals in the stack is scored.

3) Bar hanging - One animal starts by hanging from a metal bar (of player-selected diameter) over a lake. One more animal of its kind joins every minute, hanging from a previous team member. Only one animal can touch the bar at all times. Animals are ranked by largest number hanging before any fall

4) Tallest height reached - Up to 100 animals work together (without any equipment) to reach the highest height possible in one hour

5) Synchronised swimming - Teams of three animals complete a planned three-minute routine of synchronised swimming to musical accompaniment of the human player's choice

6) Paintballing - Teams of 3 animals compete against each other in team paintballing - animals are out after a single hit and paintball guns are custom made for each animal

7) Ballroom dancing - Two animals of each kind dance to music in a large ballroom, with a dance style of their choice. Expert human judges score the routine based on technical difficulty and execution

8) Rowing - Teams of three animals row over the 2-mile course of the Oxford/Cambridge Boat Race on the River Thames. Boats and oars are custom-made for each team

9) Five legged race - Teams of 3 animals are lined up and tied together by a ribbon between any arms, legs and wings they may have - the middle animal has all limbs tied to the outer two animals. A race then takes place over 50m on a standard athletics track

10) Figure skating - Two animals dance a planned routine to music on an ice rink of player-selected dimensions. Players can also decide whether their animals will wear ice skates. Human expert judges score the routine based on technical difficulty and execution

***Below events are backer suggestions***

11) Freeze Tag - twonkykitty, 3/8/16 @ 22:32 GMT - Teams of three compete in a freeze tag game. All players are "it" and may tag other players. When an animal is tagged it must remain in place until a member of its team tags it again. If all members of a team are frozen, the team is out. Play until only one team is left. Flying animals may fly, but not higher than the shortest type of non-flying animal can reach. An arena with swimming areas may be created so that water animals may participate.

See below for individual event entries (please 'quote' these when commenting on them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 1

4 x 100m sprint - A team of 4 animals must transfer the baton around the 400m track as fast as possible, each completing their own 100m leg as in the 4 x 100m athletics event
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 2

Animal stacking - Animals are stacked on top of each other so that only one animal is touching the ground. Players can use tools and machinery to move the animals, but the stack must remain stable for one minute to qualify as stable. The number of animals in the stack is scored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 3

Bar hanging - One animal starts by hanging from a metal bar (of player-selected diameter) over a lake. One more animal of its kind joins every minute, hanging from a previous team member. Only one animal can touch the bar at all times. Animals are ranked by largest number hanging before any fall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 4

Tallest height reached - Up to 100 animals work together (without any equipment) to reach the highest height possible in one hour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 5

Synchronised swimming - Teams of three animals complete a planned three-minute routine of synchronised swimming to musical accompaniment of the human player's choice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 6

Paintballing - Teams of 3 animals compete against each other in team paintballing - animals are out after a single hit and paintball guns are custom made for each animal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 7

Ballroom dancing - Two animals of each kind dance to music in a large ballroom, with a dance style of their choice. Expert human judges score the routine based on technical difficulty and execution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 8

Rowing - Teams of three animals row over the 2-mile course of the Oxford/Cambridge Boat Race on the River Thames. Boats and oars are custom-made for each team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 9

Five legged race - Teams of 3 animals are lined up and tied together by a ribbon between any arms, legs and wings they may have - the middle animal has all limbs tied to the outer two animals. A race then takes place over 50m on a standard athletics track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
TEAM EVENT 10

Figure skating - Two animals dance a planned routine to music on an ice rink of player-selected dimensions. Players can also decide whether their animals will wear ice skates. Human expert judges score the routine based on technical difficulty and execution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="_teece_"]
Quote:
1) 4 x 100m sprint - A team of 4 animals must transfer the baton around the 400m track as fast as possible, each completing their own 100m leg as in the 4 x 100m athletics event

This is good, but I feel like it should go under Speed rather than Team. I realise it is really both, but Speed seems a lot more important for this one.

Quote:
2) Animal stacking - Animals are stacked on top of each other so that only one animal is touching the ground. Players can use tools and machinery to move the animals, but the stack must remain stable for one minute to qualify as stable. The number of animals in the stack is scored.

Fun :)

Quote:
3) Bar hanging - One animal starts by hanging from a metal bar (of player-selected diameter) over a lake. One more animal of its kind joins every minute, hanging from a previous team member. Only one animal can touch the bar at all times. Animals are ranked by largest number hanging before any fall

I can't help but feel like this is far too wordy and just a bit too far removed from reality as well. I see what you're going for, but maybe you could just make it a Team Trapeze event or something instead. It's also very similar to Animal Stacking but in reverse.

Quote:
4) Tallest height reached - Up to 100 animals work together (without any equipment) to reach the highest height possible in one hour

Almost the same as Animal Stacking. I think you should just combine the two, and leave out any mention of whether you can use equipment (so each playgroup can just discuss and decide that for themselves).

Quote:
5) Synchronised swimming - Teams of three animals complete a planned three-minute routine of synchronised swimming to musical accompaniment of the human player's choice

Nice

Quote:
6) Paintballing - Teams of 3 animals compete against each other in team paintballing - animals are out after a single hit and paintball guns are custom made for each animal

Interesting one. Those ants would have tiny paintballs.

Quote:
7) Ballroom dancing - Two animals of each kind dance to music in a large ballroom, with a dance style of their choice. Expert human judges score the routine based on technical difficulty and execution

Amusing

Quote:
8) Rowing - Teams of three animals row over the 2-mile course of the Oxford/Cambridge Boat Race on the River Thames. Boats and oars are custom-made for each team

I'm having trouble imagining most animals doing this one. What about Bobsledding instead? Or as well as, :)

Quote:
9) Five legged race - Teams of 3 animals are lined up and tied together by a ribbon between any arms, legs and wings they may have - the middle animal has all limbs tied to the outer two animals. A race then takes place over 50m on a standard athletics track

Brutal. And fun.

Quote:
10) Figure skating - Two animals dance a planned routine to music on an ice rink of player-selected dimensions. Players can also decide whether their animals will wear ice skates. Human expert judges score the routine based on technical difficulty and execution

I like this one.

Quote:
11) Freeze Tag - twonkykitty, 3/8/16 @ 22:32 GMT - Teams of three compete in a freeze tag game. All players are "it" and may tag other players. When an animal is tagged it must remain in place until a member of its team tags it again. If all members of a team are frozen, the team is out. Play until only one team is left. Flying animals may fly, but not higher than the shortest type of non-flying animal can reach. An arena with swimming areas may be created so that water animals may participate.

Other suggestions....I'd love to see some more real world team sports in the list such as Volleyball (optional water sides) and Soccer/Football (that could be interesting with no water....I think I'd still choose a Blue Whale)

Also it would be awesome to have tug-of-war with a restriction on the number of animals based on the length of the rope.

Some kind of event where they need to build something would be good, but I'm having trouble thinking of what. Especially for the Beavers and Ants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
Troy, this is amazing!

You're single handedly reinventing the event options - and I LOVE IT!

Again, I think I agree with most of your points and those events you've questioned are the ones I knew are little weaker.

Maybe I should get you to run the kickstarter next time too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_teece_ wrote:
Troy, this is amazing!

You're single handedly reinventing the event options - and I LOVE IT!

Again, I think I agree with most of your points and those events you've questioned are the ones I knew are little weaker.

Maybe I should get you to run the kickstarter next time too!

Heh, thanks. You got my imagination going. This kind of thing really appeals to me. I don't know anything about running kickstarters though. I just backed my first one a couple of months ago.

About 10 years ago I ran a hypothetical Olympic style series of events between superhero teams on an online forum.

A love the images you've had made so far too. Really awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Clare
msg tools
designer
publisher
Thanks!

It was a little fortuitous finding the artist but I do like the juxtaposition of the serious photorealistic images and the ridiculous nature of the theme.

It's looking like we'll need some more crowd building and a relaunch though, so I'll probably incorporate your suggestions in to the next batch of prototypes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about a building idea. How about if we've got a never that is destroying a house we also do one about building a house

I thought of some other team events. A capture the flag event inan environment that works for both animals would be cool.

Bobsledding?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.