BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: August Birthday Party 2! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
We are celebrating the birthdays of these amazing people (again!):

Crazy Monkey
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Live Laugh Love Learn
badge
Live Laugh Love Learn
mbmbmbmbmb
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
mbmbmbmbmb
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noah B.
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Roleset:

Team Evil:
Mother- Brutal Werewolf (brutal on death)
Father- Thrifty Werewolf (Views for Present/Not Present)
Birthday Boy- Aux Evil Role Sorcerer, Shares a chat with the Birthday Girl
Birthday Girl- Aux Evil Present Giver, Gives a Present each night. Starts the game with 6 Presents (listed below). Cannot repeat targets or give them to the Birthday Boy. If given to an Evil, a present does nothing. When given to a Good, the present gives them the listed powers. The Birthday Girl will continue to give presents after she dies.

Team Good:

Party Guests (All)- No Powers

Presents
Each night (including N0), the Birthday Girl will give a present to someone. All of the gifts are as powerful as the number of evils that are alive (N) or the number of Wolves that are alive (W).
- Gift of Parity- Counts as a Parity Hunter that can defy W parity.
- Gift of Protection- Gets N bodyguard blocks.
- Gift of Sight- Gets N Seer Views (no N0 equivalent).
- Gift of Masonry- Gets W Mason partners.
- Gift of Vote Strength- Vote counts for W extra votes.
- Gift of Present Stealing- Steals and destroys any presents that target them for W days. Unlike other presents, the target of this gift is not informed that they have been given a Present.

All roles will be revealed upon death.

Dead chat will not be spoiled.

Over the course of the game, some people may get presents. Everyone will get cake. It is a Birthday Party, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mod!LJ’s standard rules post. Some of this might not apply. Ignore it if it doesn’t.

Friendly Game: First and foremost, this is a friendly game. Don’t be mean to people. Things like name calling and personal attacks will not be tolerated and may result in a perma-ban from my games if I tell you that you are crossing lines and you don’t stop. If you feel like someone else crossed a line, let me know, and I can talk to them for you.

Conditional Orders: These are accepted for orders, views, kills, et cetera. They can be things like “If Irina flips Seer, NK Belash instead”, “If 4th is lynched, view Lemon”, or even “Consider Ziilch my perma-backup view if I don’t have a valid order in.” They can’t be things like, “If someone hard claims Seer between now and dawn, protect them.” If you’re unsure, just ask!

Deadlines: All deadlines are X:X0:59. That means that if dusk is at 2pm, any posts with 2:00pm timestamp are valid. If Dawn is at 12:30, orders with a 12:31 timestamp will not be accepted. If a deadline happens and I don’t call dawn/dusk/give results/etc, hold the horse. I’ll be there shortly.

Brutal Orders: Brutals are mandatory unless otherwise stated. If you are brutal and do not have a valid order or conditional in place, your brutal will take out someone from your own team. So be sure to use orders and add conditionals if you might have a brutal.

Speeding Things Up: Nightfalls are valid options. If nightfall votes happen such that lynch results are locked, I will process dusk. If this is a game with vote manipulation, I will not unless there’s enough of a margin that any voting manipulation will not be given away. Unless I say otherwise, locking your game orders at night will speed up dawn.

Minimum Requirements: This falls between a Post for Your Life and a Proof of Life game. There is no minimum posting requirement, but if you’re not engaged in the game, I might replace you out. If you’re only going to make 1 post each day, they better be good posts. Likewise, if you miss a set of night orders, you can’t make them up, and I will replace you out. You don’t have to be omnipresent, but you need to be playing.

ModChat Information: Doing anything akin to flipping your card or talking about the color of your hat will result in a modkill. This includes: directly quoting modchats, using or faking screenshots of anything in Cassandra, or having people verify information by giving out the 10th word or letter that they get. This could also include things like, “LJ was late giving out views. Tell me what time she gave them out.” For more information and clarifications on this, please see this post.

Starts When Full: If this is a starts when full game, as soon as the game fills, I will post a message saying that it’s full and giving people warning that I will put it into start mode the next night. The exception to this rule is a game that fills the week that it’s put up. Those will start immediately.

Other: If something comes up that I don’t address in the rules, I will use my best judgment when resolving it. If the Lynch/Night time are different in the OP and Cassy, assume that Cassy is right. If I screw something up, I will retcon or change things to even it out with both sides. If it’s pre-D2, I may re-roll.

Don’t be a dick.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Amekins
AnneAa
BerenCamlost
GaiusJC
JaredW25
Melsana
PaperF
RoyalApe

8 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1614...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like fun... bonus: My daughter's birthday is in August

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My b-day is in Aug too, but I'm not a fan of hidden rules games. Every time I get sucked into one I end up regretting it. So I'll just watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I do whatever the voice in my head tells me to do."
badge
"I'm an equal opportunist."
mbmbmbmbmb
The last hidden roles game didn't go so well for me. It was stressful, demoralizing, emotional and left me crying in the corner.

So, I obviously signed up for this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ryan
United States
Lee's Summit
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Aug birthday here! I can probably play too, since it ends the 22nd (although I'd be pretty much out that day if it came down to it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
My b-day is in Aug too, but I'm not a fan of hidden rules games. Every time I get sucked into one I end up regretting it. So I'll just watch.

This. 100%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takeshi
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started watching this game on August birthdays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takeshi
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also don't forget about NSW Day on August 1, a bank holiday for New South Wales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After some thinking, I've decided to move this to starting on August 22nd AND will be posting a semi-known roleset. I think the things that I was wanting to do with this game aren't fully formed enough yet and I want to think on it a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP has been updated with the roleset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:

Are the W/N in the present description the number at the time the gift is given or will the number change as the course of the game causes the number to change?

Seer - does he get the N number of views all at once or still only one per night he survives?

Mason - does he get a chat with his fellow masons, how are the fellow masons chosen?

During the night phase when is the gifts given... So, if the seer gift has already been given out and then the steeling gift is given out the next night and the seer views the steeling gift person would that kill the seer's view ability or not?

The Father (thrifty wolf) gets views, he knows if the person has a present but not which one right?

The Birthday Boy it says he is a sorcerer, but what type of views does he get?

Roles will be revealed on death - will the presents they've received also be revealed... if they are will the stealing one be revealed as well?

Can the bodyguard gift block the brutal wolf kill or only night kills?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, does the night phase really last only one minute?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

Are the W/N in the present description the number at the time the gift is given or will the number change as the course of the game causes the number to change?

The time the gift is given.

Melsana wrote:
Seer - does he get the N number of views all at once or still only one per night he survives?

Both Seer and Bodyguard will get their power for that many nights.

Melsana wrote:
Mason - does he get a chat with his fellow masons, how are the fellow masons chosen?

Yes, randomly.

Melsana wrote:
During the night phase when is the gifts given... So, if the seer gift has already been given out and then the steeling gift is given out the next night and the seer views the steeling gift person would that kill the seer's view ability or not?

It would not. I'll post a night action order list.

Melsana wrote:
The Father (thrifty wolf) gets views, he knows if the person has a present but not which one right?

Correct.

Melsana wrote:

Full Role.

Melsana wrote:
Roles will be revealed on death - will the presents they've received also be revealed... if they are will the stealing one be revealed as well?

Presents will be revealed.

Melsana wrote:
Can the bodyguard gift block the brutal wolf kill or only night kills?

Only Night Kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
Wait, does the night phase really last only one minute?

Whoops. Nope. The previous concept had simultaneous dawn/dusk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:

Melsana wrote:

Full Role.

I was about to ask if he would get the type of present as well as the role, but I guess that doesn't really matter since he shared a chat with the birthday girl. Although I guess it could matter if she dies early so she'll still be giving out gifts but not in chat with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, are the seer views full reveal as well or wolf/not wolf style?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
Also, are the seer views full reveal as well or wolf/not wolf style?

Just wolf/not wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
You will never see the stars if you are always looking down
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's looking like we're not going to have enough to run next week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

(apparently one sad face is too short of a post)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
Moustache Envy
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:

(apparently one sad face is too short of a post)

If you put a space after it, it's allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.