Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Eucker
United States
Cedar Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In the short time I have been playing RtL it seams that the Monsters ONLY have the ability/skills indicated on the App Activation/Info screen NOT what is shown on their card.
ie. If the App does not indicate Reach for the Ettin during it's activation, it does not have that trait. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmb
I don't think that's the case.

Take the Zombies for example. The Tutorial explicitly speaks about "Shambling" - even though it's not listed in the Activation/info screen...
(I hope that's correct - but I do remember to pick up the card to check what the tutorial is talking about...)

As far as I understand it, passive abilities/skills don't get listed by the app but are active nonetheless.
Abilities that need an action only occur if the app shows it in the activation list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
To the OP: Incorrect. An Ettin still has Reach whenever it attacks, though it depends on the specific instructions the app gives you. If it says the ettin attacks an adjacent hero, then Reach is irrelevant. If it tells you to attack the nearest hero (or a hero based on some other criterion), then Reach is relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Monsters always have all of their passive/action abilities, but certain activation cards won't necessarily take them into account. A few things I've noticed, for instance:

-Sweep monsters will only tend to have 1/2 or 1/3rd of their cards taking Sweep into account, the rest will just be general attack activations, even if they COULD have made good use of sweep

-Anything with Reach (or in the case of Bilehall's Bone Horrors' super reach Extend) will still, for some reason often engage rather than trying to take into account their reach and/or extend abilities.

-As mentioned, Zombie activation cards won't mention Shamble, but they still obey Shamble rules unless explicitly noted not to. In fact, it's possible it shows up when you click the skull on the activation card, which is where you'd click to see their surge priorities and/or any special instructions for abilities such as Throw, Knockback, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.