Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Allegiance: A Realm Divided» Forums » General

Subject: Rate the Heroes! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top to bottom, favorite to least favorite.

1. Mad King - I expressed during the Kickstarter that this would be my fave hero based on his mechanics(the Laws) and after a few plays, he sits as most fun. Tax draining your opponent is fun too as well as dividing the Laws that cause your opponent to anguish on which pile to take.

2. Vampire - I love the concept of Day/Night and the fact your opponent has to arm himself with Stakes/Holy Water. She's very deadly and games can swing fast if you get the timing wrong. Awesome!

3. Ranger - I love heroes with additional mechanics, as you can surmise, and she's no different. Once per turn attack with the trap mechanic leaves a lot of mind games.

4. Elementalist - I like the Focus mechanic, especially if you unlock the cheap reaction spell and don't use it to get a free Focus every turn. The Lightning Storm is one of my favorite Level 4s, using it every turn once it is unlocked can clear the board quickly.

5. Necromancer - He is simpler to play and a bit luck based, but there is a certain joy from getting free units in the discard pile and drawing cards only to drop them into the discard for use later. And raising your opponent's Mounted Knight and using it against him.

6. Commander - I like his swarm concept, and when he gets critical mass can get quite overpowering. I like swarm heroes in general.

7. Druid - Changing forms to annoy. Eagle form is MVP end game. And he gets free allies which is great.

8. Death Knight - Destroy you and you and you and my own units. Yeah. And I heal from destroying things.

9. Enchantress - You're mine, you're mine and you're mine. You can keep that Minstrel though. Her equipment is hard to use though.

10. Ninja - Reaction summoning is a lot more powerful then I thought since you can choose the best tool for the job as long as you have a few unit cards in hand. And immunity to abilities/action cards can change the battle a lot.

11. Paladin - A bit simple to play but your few units will not die. Don't get the use of his level 3 ability to draw 2 cards which is pretty useless no matter how I see it.

12. Monk - I hate this guy cause he is pretty one dimensional in playstyle but I get his thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
glenn3e wrote:

11. Paladin - Don't get the use of his level 3 ability to draw 2 cards which is pretty useless no matter how I see it.


This would be extremely shocking if true. In any card game card draw effects are typically very powerful. Sure it restricts you to units but you can get basic or elite depending on the situation. Getting more bodies on the board is almost always good. Plus it potentially frees up your one free card per turn to draw some action cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ClanNatioy wrote:
glenn3e wrote:

11. Paladin - Don't get the use of his level 3 ability to draw 2 cards which is pretty useless no matter how I see it.


This would be extremely shocking if true. In any card game card draw effects are typically very powerful. Sure it restricts you to units but you can get basic or elite depending on the situation. Getting more bodies on the board is almost always good. Plus it potentially frees up your one free card per turn to draw some action cards.


Not in this game. Gold is more important since you typically have more options than gold to spend. Spending 10 gold to have more options is pretty poor when you could use it to get the other ability to help your units. You only DRAW the cards, you still have to pay for them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Thomas
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
monk decimates the Necromancer in my experience.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
glenn3e wrote:
ClanNatioy wrote:
glenn3e wrote:

11. Paladin - Don't get the use of his level 3 ability to draw 2 cards which is pretty useless no matter how I see it.


This would be extremely shocking if true. In any card game card draw effects are typically very powerful. Sure it restricts you to units but you can get basic or elite depending on the situation. Getting more bodies on the board is almost always good. Plus it potentially frees up your one free card per turn to draw some action cards.


Not in this game. Gold is more important since you typically have more options than gold to spend. Spending 10 gold to have more options is pretty poor when you could use it to get the other ability to help your units. You only DRAW the cards, you still have to pay for them.


Having lots of reaction cards is a big plus as they are sometimes really powerfull and inexpensive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rating heroes off of which you like and why is the easiest. And that's what it looks like the OP did here. Personally I put the Ranger at the bottom as she doesn't fit my play style and I despise the trap mechanic. But I agree with The Mad King as I find him far and away the most thematic. I also see both sides of the argument about the strength in card draw through an ability. I'm not a fan of that ability, though it certainly can be a boon at times. As for the Monk, he's an absolute powerhouse, but I'm not a fan of you having to focus purely on buying his abilities. He's just a bit obvious for me is all.

So I guess my point is, we all have our opinions, and while we all won't agree on them, they can still be valid. I'm interested in others opinion of what heroes they like and why.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.