Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: timing of resolve scoreboard phase abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
A timing issue arose in my last play of team manger. It was a two player, one player had underhanded dealings staff upgrade and the other had cheerleaders (where you have a chance to gain two fans if you have less fans than your opponent) as well as underhanded dealings. Going into this phase both players had the same number of fans. My question is what is the order for determining how upgrade cards are triggered in this phase?

I see four possible options
1. Everything occurs simultaneous
So cheerleaders couldn't be used
2. It's a free for all so as soon as the player uses underhanded dealings the other players uses cheerleaders and then also uses underhanded dealings.
3. Players take turns use all their abilities at once starting with the first player
4. Players take turns use one of their abilities at a time starting with the first player.

Assuming you can have multiple staff upgrades of the same type I see a similar problem if a player has 2 sets of cheerleaders that can both be used in separate matches and he is 2 fans behind the other player. Does he use both at the same time to gain 4 four fans or can he only use 1 since this will draw him level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Oytoyt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at page 15 of the instruction manual under 'reveal improvement pile'. You reveal your upgrades in turn order, staff upgrades before team upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oytoyt wrote:
Have a look at page 15 of the instruction manual under 'reveal improvement pile'. You reveal your upgrades in turn order, staff upgrades before team upgrades.

Way to miss the point of the thread completely .

As to the issue at hand, rulebook says: "Resolve Scoreboard Phase Abilities: In turn order, resolve any “Scoreboard Phase” abilities on players, team upgrades, or staff upgrades." (p. 9)

Sudden Death seems to muddle things a bit, at least in terms of timing:

"Scoreboard Phase Abilities
Managers must resolve all “Scoreboard Phase” abilities
that score fans for winning or losing a matchup after the
“Determine Winner” step." (p. 3)

Under base rules, Scoreboard Phase abilities are step B and Determine Winner is step C, seems like some Scoreboard Phase abilities would trigger after C instead of during B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Oytoyt wrote:

Way to miss the point of the thread completely .

As to the issue at hand, rulebook says: "Resolve Scoreboard Phase Abilities: In turn order, resolve any “Scoreboard Phase” abilities on players, team upgrades, or staff upgrades." (p. 9)

Sudden Death seems to muddle things a bit, at least in terms of timing:

"Scoreboard Phase Abilities
Managers must resolve all “Scoreboard Phase” abilities
that score fans for winning or losing a matchup after the
“Determine Winner” step." (p. 3)

Under base rules, Scoreboard Phase abilities are step B and Determine Winner is step C, seems like some Scoreboard Phase abilities would trigger after C instead of during B.

I believe you play the Scoreboard Phase as follows:

1. You apply the 'scoreboard phase abilities' of the Player cards themselves (usually Star Players or Freebooters). These generally effect the win/loss margin of each Matchup. Fan based abilities are not counted at this point.

2. The winner is determined.

3. Finally you apply any Fan based awards from players, Team & Staff Upgrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.