10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone wanting to part with starting 4 survivors...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adrian chase
Australia
flag msg tools
I've finally gotten around to painting this epic game, and have had a catastrophe of sorts. Primer didn't take on starting survivors, followed by acrylic paint not liking said primer, resulting in messed up minis (also including pinup White Speaker). Anyway, an application of Turpentine weakened the plastic resulting in the aforementioned catastrophe...

Sooo, I have already contacted KD, but am reaching out to the community to see if anyone has no need for the 4 starting survivors... Crazy, I know. If anyone wants to contact me please do - I'm open to suggestions.

My only excuse is that I was trying to clean up the initial primer mess whilst watching my 2 year old and lost track of time (the figures got left in the Turps too long)... There are so many lessons to be learned here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pruden
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd use Simple Green or Pine Sol Lemon next time... they are MUCH more forgiving... I leave my painted models overnight and use a stiff toothbrush and hot water. I know it's not helpful to your situation but I'd hate to see more minis end up like yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Turpentine on plastic? Were you trying to turn them into puddles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about the minis-- for the future, I wrote about stripping paint- this article covers the same type of plastic.

Link

And yeah, other than metal, I'm always very cautious about leaving minis in for very long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aftera monthdelete
msg tools
You won't happen to have the Gorm expansion? Then you can just play them as Vomit survivors. Lucky, the cloth survivors spruce has the same heads as the starting ones... now you just need bodies.

This wasn't as helpful as I thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Poots sold these survivors in Resin. If you really want to replace them, you can. eg,
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...glf0AAOSwQaJXRXBC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Is there a market for the miniates? They were selling the game without but ran out. It was a manufacturing error from what I understand so it will not happen again. I would like the game but will never even attempt to assemble the miniatures so if I bought the game wou,d I be able to sell them off. Maybe I should look for someone that bought two copies for extra miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it used to be really strong, but last I saw, you could still get at least $25/sprue, so you're talking a reliable $200+ if you're patient

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Kjelstad wrote:
Is there a market for the miniates? They were selling the game without but ran out. It was a manufacturing error from what I understand so it will not happen again. I would like the game but will never even attempt to assemble the miniatures so if I bought the game wou,d I be able to sell them off. Maybe I should look for someone that bought two copies for extra miniatures.

Absolutely. The miniatures in this game are absolutely top tier -- you see sprues pop up on ebay occasionally. Many of the base game models, though, were given as duplicates to kickstarter backers which diminishes their value (since many more people will resell a 2nd copy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
I just looked up "sprue" and wanted to thank you two for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.