Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl-Gustaf Samuelsson
Sweden
Borås
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played teh game for the first time yesterday and despite unusually lear rules, we stumbled on one question:
WHERE can you build an outpost. Only o "empty" light green hexes or also on hexes with forest/mine and villages (which gives you points)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klatu Verata
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
According to the discussion on Yahoo on this subject you can build outposts on any tile (Except mountains and cities of course).

When I play outposts can be build anywhere except on mountains, cities and active resource fields (I don't like the fact that you can build an outpost on a resource field). This leaves a small problem though: What happens when the Night-Elf restores a tree-field and an outpost has been build on this.

Two solutions to this:
a) Night-Elf can't restore a field with an outpost on
b) Active and inactive resource fields are off limits for outposts.

/Klatu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodenough
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Goody
mbmbmbmbmb
Klatu Verata (#23333),

You can build an outpost on a forest or gold mine hex and continue to harvest resources there.
You're not actually building the outpost ON the forest, you're building it IN the forest...so why can't you keep on chopping down wood?

If anything, an outpost should make it easier to harvest resources. In the computer game, workers had to travel to the nearest city to drop off harvested resources. Having a outpost in the same hex significantly reduces their travel time and should increase productivity, not eliminate all production in the hex. I've been toying around with a house-rule of letting outposts harvest 1 extra resource of the hex they're on. It doesn't seem too unbalanced but will probably need more testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klatu Verata
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Game Geek (#23350),

I said "When I play"

/Klatu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.