Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Rodriguez Samaniego
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Survivors!!

After a bit of a break, to rest and to develop the game, we come back with this new update!

Today's update is about something that has changed quite a lot recently: the survivor cards. In this post we'll explain how they work and what info they contain.

Survivor cards contain the following information (left to right and top to bottom):

Provisions: This indicates how many provisions the survivor must consume whenever it is requiered to eat.
Name of the survivor.
Attributes of the survivor
Survivor cards contain the following information (left to right and top to bottom):
- Melee combat
- Ranged combat
- Agility
- Fortitude
- Perception
- Will
- Mechanics
- Medicine

As you can see, they have 2 values: one yellow and one white. The former is used during the day, while the latter being used during the night...so be aware of the time of the day There's also a space for the attribute modifier.

"Survival Points" Wheel: Survivors can earn those points by defeating zombies and/or getting 2+ successes on attribute tests. Suvivors can use those points to buy new abilities at the end of the mission (when they get to their base), to add dice to their combat and test rolls, and/or to reduce the threat level. So up to you to decide when to use them: to boost your survivor's abilities, or to boost your survivor's chance of survival...

In our previous version, survival points were tracked in a way similar to zombicide, but we found out that the current system is smoother and easier.

Action Points Area, used and unused
Hands: Here you can equip items (either 1-handed or 2-handed). The off-hand has a -1 penalty on the rolls associated with items placed in that hand.
Equipment: Here you can place the survivor's equipment, on the alloted zones: Chest, Head, Arms and Legs.
• And last but not least, we have 3 horizontal bars:
- Health bar. It is divided in 3 zones (green, yellow and red). These zones determine the survivor's available Action Points and are also used when the survivor rolls dice: if you're on the green portion of the bar, you count the green results from the dice, for example. Obviously, the healthier you are, the more Action Points you have and the easier it is to pass rolls (there's more green results than yellow or red).
- Infection bar: Represents the level of infection of the survivor. Usually you will get infected if you're damaged by a zombie, but sometimes just checking a zombie's body for loot can infect you too. Once infected, the survivor will have to roll periodically, and some nasty effects might be applied unto him (we will explain this in another update). If this bar, or the health bar, reaches the right end...the survivor is dead.
- Stress bar: As usual, divided in 3 color-coded zones. The more stressed you are, the harder it is to get stuff done, and the survivor will have penalties to reflect that.

And last but not least, we have re-imagined the backpack. The reason was to make them handier and more easily placeable on the table. The backpack is composed of:

- A central spot to place the objects in. There is a maximum capacity for each backpack, and each survivor will use one or another depending on their attributes (the stronger you are, the more stuff you can carry).
- Ammo bar: This tracks the ammo available to the survivor.
- Battery bar: This tracks the batteries available to the survivor (remember that light is key in this game!).
- Provisions bar: This tracks the provisions available to the survivor.

And to end, here's the images of the new location tiles, where we've incorporated all the suggestions you made to us...thanks!

Many thanks and..see you soon on the next update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Roberts
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picture links aren't working...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm, sorry! They do work for me though, that's weird...any clue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Roberts
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamRod wrote:
Mmm, sorry! They do work for me though, that's weird...any clue?

No idea. Maybe you have them linked to a hosting site that doesn't allow hotlinking? I've been able to see the other posts, just not this one. Have tried a couple different browsers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird....I'm sorry but I don't know what is happening...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If I see these characters I'm looking for the influance...
Glenn, Michonne,... Have you seen too much Walking Dead...? whistle

Don't understood me wrong, I love Zombie Games as much I love TWD...,
but if this is your intention, than you doing it right, but you told in the flavour text of the game you want to do something different...

I'm still looking forward to the development and final outcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.