Elder Sign» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Like Michael Bolton singing at the top of Everest. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Riley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Look at those monsters, multiple ones in every room of the Miskatonic Museum. My first investigator got killed very early on by some truly cruel Mythos cards and those monsters just kept mounting up. Both extra dice locked too, just too make things seemingly impossible.

The number of monsters on each card meant it was impossible to beat the monsters and beat the room in the same turn. Becky was convinced we were going to lose but I wouldn't give up, focusing on killing the monsters, gaining them as trophies, and taking the hit on losing each room. Each one needed an extra terror result too, thanks to the Ancient One's powers.

Eventually it appeared. Becky was devoured as soon as hit midnight but I had plenty of monsters as trophies so could spend one each time Shub Niggurath attacked and avoid harm. What happened? Look at the ancient one's board - it's empty. All doom tokens cleared!

I shouted and cheered quite a bit. This is exactly what I want from gaming. Massive punch the air moment. I felt like Michael Bolton singing on top of Mount Everest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Cat - No Cradle
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Good thing it wasn't Hastur that showed up...it would have been like listening to Michael Bolton singing from the top of Mount Everest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Riley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Haha! I think I'd enjoy Hastur more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fennic wrote:

Good thing it wasn't Hastur that showed up...it would have been like listening to Michael Bolton singing from the top of Mount Everest.

LMAO!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Bisbee
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the monsters supposed to stack on a rooms requirements whether there is a white border for them or not? Seems your way is just making the encounter significantly more difficult than it already needs to be.

I thought if there's a white border, the monster has to go there first, and if no borders available, you cover a test of your choice.

If your intent was to make it more difficult, more power to you, but I shudder at the thought of that. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
If you eat your burrito over a tortilla, anything that falls out will simply start building your next burrito!
badge
The first rule of chess club; Hide from fight club.
mbmbmbmbmb
Biz780 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the monsters supposed to stack on a rooms requirements whether there is a white border for them or not? Seems your way is just making the encounter significantly more difficult than it already needs to be.

I thought if there's a white border, the monster has to go there first, and if no borders available, you cover a test of your choice.

If your intent was to make it more difficult, more power to you, but I shudder at the thought of that. cry

Keep shuddering, he played it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Riley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
robertg611 wrote:
Biz780 wrote:

Keep shuddering, he played it right.

Yep, 'fraid so! No border, the monster goes below the card and becomes an extra task. Brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.