6 Posts

Kill Doctor Lucky» Forums » General

Subject: Can the Updated 19.5 Rules Be Used With 2009 Paizo Version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
This may be a stupid question, but can the updated rules for the 19.5 version be used with the 2009 Paizo version? Or are the changes more substantial than just the rules? Would there have to be changes to the cards of the 2009 version?

I'm not opposed to buying the new version. I just really, really love the aesthetic and design of the board and the cards of the 2009 version.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It may not look like it, but the board layout (or rather line of sight connections) has changed substantially, as have the cards.

However, you can always try it out for yourself. You can PnP the cards and components from the Cheap Ass website and try it out with your old board, but it'll probably be really unbalanced.

I do believe that if you like Kill Doctor Lucky, you'll like the mechanics of this version a lot more. The removal of the spite tokens helps with the never ending game situation. The rules has a FAQ for previous players to help them understand the changes because there are many significant ones that alter how it plays, but just makes much more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
I will say, I do like the bright white doorways of the new board. Makes line of sight much easier to determine at a glance. However, the Paizo board is just beautiful and adds so much theme.

I wonder if I could alter the Paizo board doorways with the help of one of those White-Out rollers? Hmmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My buddy has the Piazo board and we also looked at what you're asking but it's really not going to look to good with the changes.

There is also an alternate board on the other side with the 19.5 anniversary edition and there looks to be a Spy expansion board as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Price
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheMadMime wrote:
I will say, I do like the bright white doorways of the new board. Makes line of sight much easier to determine at a glance. However, the Paizo board is just beautiful and adds so much theme.

I wonder if I could alter the Paizo board doorways with the help of one of those White-Out rollers? Hmmm.

Do you happen to have access to a scanner? If you could get some high resolution scans of the board I'm experienced at using Photoshop so should able to digitally modify it to match the new layout. This could then be printed and made into a new board. Sadly I don't own the Paizo edition or I'd scan it myself.

PM me if you're interested and I'll guide you on getting suitable scans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elhnad legs
msg tools
to piggyback on this,
anybody have experience playing the print and play the free version cards with the latest rule set? and does the board matter? free or 19.5?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.