Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Evans
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I have been enjoying my copy of Brass Empire - but the last game I played ended up with two players with the same total brass (tokens + cards). There is no info in the book regarding tie-breaking and I was wondering what other folks came up with or if there is an official tie-breaking rule we could adapt.

For our game, we ended up going with comparing the brass tokens acquired as a tie-breaker (and if grand total AND brass token total are tied, then use total brass value of cards and if ALL THREE are tied, then play another game).

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The player with the most brass tokens wins if there is a tie. After seeing a lot of ties at conventions here is the order of tie breaks:

1. Player with most brass tokens
2. Player with the most cards of their color
3. Player who went last (in order)

Even these tie breaks take away from the fact that a TIE in total brass is a really well played and close game. You really should just play another to see who wins
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mgnade wrote:
The player with the most brass tokens wins if there is a tie. After seeing a lot of ties at conventions here is the order of tie breaks:

Even these tie breaks take away from the fact that a TIE in total brass is a really well played and close game. You really should just play another to see who wins

I feel like the 3rd tie breaker should be brass knuckle boxing. It is much more thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
mgnade wrote:

I feel like the 3rd tie breaker should be brass knuckle boxing. It is much more thematic.

Brass knuckle boxing, whoever loses their monocle first loses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.