Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are looking at setting up a system for folks to donate funds to friends going through a medical situation. Two available options are Paypal vs WePay.

I've heard some horror stories about Paypal and about withdraw limits but I'm not able to find any verifiable information on the Paypal website.

I'd appreciate any input regarding pros and cons for either method of online fund collecting or if there are more that I'm unaware of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used paypal for a business for about 10 years. I have never had trouble with it (other than website redesigns that made it impossible for me to find the monthly statements, and the worst customer service phone system outside of Comcast). As a customer, the thing to know is that paypal gives you very little (if any) buyer protection, so a credit card is a safer way to purhcase something if you don't know the vendor very well. But when you're donating that's not much of an issue so I think paypal would be fine.

No experience with WePay, so I can't help you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.