Subject: Move from Land to Channel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zermatt Forten
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hi Folks,
Is the move from land, thru beaches & jetty, on to the staging area and then "to England" continuous? Eg. could a day truck move take an evacuee unit from several spaces inland all the way "to England" (perhaps an amphibious landing truck)? I wuda thought the Channel wud cause a stop like a marsh, but the rules seem to suggest the opposite, as Channel Route spaces are mentioned in 10.1.1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! You need to use Evacuation Moves to move from the Beaches/Jetties/Mole to the Channel Route spaces and then on to England. Regular land movement stops at the beaches and mole.

Thanks!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zermatt Forten
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Nieuport (was 'Re:Move from Land to Channel')?
Thanx for the claification Hermann

I have another question, tho' unrelated to the above:

On track I the German unit 1/256 has advanced to Nieuport (Belgium surrender has occured). Is this now a unchangable situation as Allied units can't approach Nieuport as the (empty) spaces I2 & I3 are impassable (the garrison rule 10.1.4)? Or is 1/256 now considred to be in J2, freeing the I track for an Allied attack (and hopefully preventing Route Y interdiction attacks for the remainder of the game).

Thanx again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right - it is unchangeable at that point. Sorry - a reason that the player needs to defend that end of the battlefield if at all possible to avoid that situation.

By the way, I just saw the trailer for the new Dunkirk movie. Incredible! I'm going to see if we can get Miracle at Dunkerque published to coincide with the movie's release next July.

Thanks!
Herm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.