Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a rumor anymore.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/2/enter-th...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Would like to learn more about the gameplay on this one. I love Arkham Horror but I don't know if my wallet is ready for a sixth LCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be dammed! goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel T.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm soo happy that I'm shaking!!! Yesss!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have learned the hard way to stay away from LCGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I have learned the hard way to stay away from LCGs.

Repetition is the mother of all learning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't even generally like card games but this looks fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumors were true. Looks interesting.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror... lots more info on here.

Seems like you have basic actions and don't need cards to do them, and are limited by equipment slots for your character.

Deck building seems pretty free, but those limits make it not sensible to just put 100 guns into a deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the new version might be coop? Definitely has a campaign aspect to it.

They're getting clever and adding solo-campaign aspects to all their (remade) games so that boardgamers can pick it up even if their collections are getting too big and they can't find time to meet with others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first and only LCG. Skill checks, level ups, Arkham Horror....I will go insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mb
My brain asplode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f44nt0me
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOTR LCG for the Lovecraft universe. Interested to see how the carry-over enhancements work in campaign mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Jackson
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The question remains, what else are they going to anounce at gencon this year after using up such big announcements beforehand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritch Horror Expansion: Arkham, Kingsport, Dunwich, Innsmouth board

Gears of war 2nd edition

Arkham Horror Addon: Great Old One mysteries

Imperial Assault coop App

My guesses. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lokii44 wrote:
LOTR LCG for the Lovecraft universe. Interested to see how the carry-over enhancements work in campaign mode.

How about that. I was just looking at maybe plunging into LoTR LCG if Warhammer Quest ACG didn't get any gencon love. But I'm *way* more into this theme. Darn you FFG!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker"
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one gorgeous looking game.
Very exciting news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign mode from the start is awesome. Gain weaknesses, injuries and benefits as you play. Level up your cards.

5 classes, 30 deck size (seems to be character specific but probably 30 for the first characters). Smaller deck size is really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to figure out how it works, can't figure out what the icons under the cost of the cards are, seem to match the skill icons, but I think there is just a "resource", maybe you just need those stats to use the card or to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, since there are tests, I have decided that for tests you discard cards from your deck, and need to get a number of icons that match the test, you discard 1 for each point you have in that skill. Then you can make your deck such that you are good or bad at certain things. (the ? is a wildcard and really good)

Given this, I think when the deck runs out you reshuffle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interest is definitely piqued; especially about the campaign nature of the game. I will also be very interested in how it plays with 4 using 2 core sets. One more new thing to hopefully demo this week while I'm at their booth

Fluxxinator wrote:
The question remains, what else are they going to anounce at gencon this year after using up such big announcements beforehand.

I had a crazy thought last night about the 'big' announcement. It sounded like they might be doing something in tandem with the Dice Tower folks. We all know Sam's favorite game is Twilight Imperium, so how about something called: Star Wars: Twilight of the Empire?

In the dying days of the Empire after the battle of Jakku an offshoot of die-hard imperial fanatics began the First Order. Meanwhile, an insurgent offshoot of the Republic led by die-hard veterans of the long struggle against the Empire begins their own Resistance against the dangerous first order.

So that would mean the factions would be:
Imperial Remnants
First Order
Republic
Resistance
Plus, throw in a couple of fringe factions for good measure; maybe:
- Hutt Cartel
- Black Sun

There ya go; the ball is in your court Christian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Lefebvre
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says 1 to 4 players on the site, but in the news article, it's 1 to 2 with a core game... That's kind of lame, pushing for buying extra components so early on. Or can that be avoided by buying the future mythos packs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could just avoid it completely...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenixio wrote:
It says 1 to 4 players on the site, but in the news article, it's 1 to 2 with a core game... That's kind of lame, pushing for buying extra components so early on. Or can that be avoided by buying the future mythos packs?

It was the same with the LOTR Core game.

Also, it seems that 2 x Core will be enough here, whereas 3 x Core was mandatory in LOTR to have a full complement of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Trust no one
badge
ümlaüt
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluxxinator wrote:

My guess is that they're announcing now to avoid having to compete with the onslaught of announcements over the coming days from other companies. Maybe they're saving a really exciting announcement or two for the convention, but they're likely spending the bulk of it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reckall wrote:
Phoenixio wrote:

It was the same with the LOTR Core game.

Also, it seems that 2 x Core will be enough here, whereas 3 x Core was mandatory in LOTR to have a full complement of cards.

I hope you don't need more than one core box to play. I'm out if you do. I hate games that don't come with enough in the box to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.