Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Am I the only idiot who is still waiting for his copy of Scythe to arrive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I am the last imbecile on earth to order scythe and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for it to arrive after several delays, useless apologies and some logistics I am being forced to do to try to ensure that there is someone to effectively pick up the box (It is summertime, you know, and I don't have a clue of the exact ETA and place where I will be when this delivery miracle finally happens).

Besides, my FedEx tracking showed that the package weights 0.2 KG ¿? just before the tracking service broke up. It has just stopped providing any info on my Scythe whereabouts...so atm I don't really know when and if I will recieve the correct product (0.2 kg just doesn't match for a supposedly heavy box + the board extension, etc.)

Of course, my $115 for Extended Scythe were insta-charged on my account after I confirmed the purchase long, long ago...so unfair...

Sorry, I am really upset with the terrible shipping and delays. And I am quite concerned that whatever arrives does not match my Extended Scythe order (that weight statement has me really worried)...yuk
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also waiting for mine. I did a late pledge so to say, buying a Kickstarter copy from one of my usual online retailers, and they are still waiting for the kickstkickr copies to arrive, hopefully in a couple of days we'll be able to play our games
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Pepper: I'm sorry about these perceived delays, but the estimated delivery month was August, and it's August 2 right now. The game is on the way, and if something is missing in the package, you can let me know at stonemaiergames@gmail.com and I will fix it.
26 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
I feel like I am the last imbecile on earth to order scythe and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for it to arrive after several delays, useless apologies and some logistics I am being forced to do to try to ensure that there is someone to effectively pick up the box (It is summertime, you know, and I don't have a clue of the exact ETA and place where I will be when this delivery miracle finally happens).

Besides, my FedEx tracking showed that the package weights 0.2 KG ¿? just before the tracking service broke up. It has just stopped providing any info on my Scythe whereabouts...so atm I don't really know when and if I will recieve the correct product (0.2 kg just doesn't match for a supposedly heavy box + the board extension, etc.)

Of course, my $115 for Extended Scythe were insta-charged on my account after I confirmed the purchase long, long ago...so unfair...

Sorry, I am really upset with the terrible shipping and delays. And I am quite concerned that whatever arrives does not match my Extended Scythe order (that weight statement has me really worried)...yuk


This is all kinds of wrong! You should just calm down and think about what you wrote...

I was one of the last people to get the game shipped... I was one of the last 400 that Jamey had to email... I got my game yesterday...

I say you have to calm down and think because you talk about delays?!?!? The KS project, when you chose to back it said that the games would be delivered in August of 2016... the games were delivered early, for the most part, most people got theirs in July, so HUGE props for that...

I got mine in the 1st of August... you'll get yours in the following days for sure...

You complain about being Summer time and you don't know where you will be to pick up the game, well that's your problem... it's your fault!
Like I said, the KS project said the games would be delivered in August, as far as I know August as been summer time for a long time, it wasn't changed now by Stonemaier Games!

People are just too entitled... a game publisher actually starts delivery of a KS project ahead of schedule and people complain about delays?!?

I'm all for complaining when you are getting screwed, but complaining for receiving things when at the schedule that was given to you?!?

Take a chill pill!

Regarding the weight of the package, there you have the right to be a little concerned but no where near to write what you wrote here... when it arrives if it's not what you pledge for you just have to contact them and I'm sure you'll get what you pledge for!
33 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dr pepper. I know it is frustrating that others have received the game when you haven't but I don't think you need to worry. I received my game yesterday in the UK 4 days after I got the tracking email. They are on their way.

Scythe isn't actually delayed. The original estimated delivery date on the Kickstarter was August, so anything that has been delivered so far is actually early. For me this is great shipping.

If your order is incorrect then Stonemaier games will rectify it. You are not going to be left without something you paid for.

Oops ninjad many times.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone. I was just feeling a bit frustrated and upset not only for the wait (I can stand that), but for the fact that these dates are awful to organise logistics to ensure that someone can effectively receive the game (together with the fact that I do not really know when it is actually to be delivered), plus the fact that the shipment shows that weird 0.2 kg weight, plus the FedEx tracking system breaking down...I am really happy to see eveyone enjoying their copy of Scythe and the fact that it mostly stands out of the hype! Can't wait to enjoy mine (crosses fingers).

Sorry If I looked a bit too aggresive. I was feeling a bit stupid with all these events...

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Dr. Pepper: I'm sorry about these perceived delays, but the estimated delivery month was August, and it's August 2 right now. The game is on the way, and if something is missing in the package, you can let me know at stonemaiergames@gmail.com and I will fix it.


Thank you, Jamey. It's mostly the uncertainty of the ETA moving up and down that has forced me to change things twice already, and the weird info displayed by FedEx. I will do as requested in the event that anything goes bad. Is there a place where I can double-check what was supposed to be included in the Extended Scythe package? (sad that I missed the KS...).



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesberpen wrote:
I'm also waiting for mine. I did a late pledge so to say, buying a Kickstarter copy from one of my usual online retailers, and they are still waiting for the kickstkickr copies to arrive, hopefully in a couple of days we'll be able to play our games


Haha same here Jesus... I suspect we may have the same retailer, which apparently has been the last one to be fulfilled by Ideaspatcher!
I find this a bit weird honestly, as it would seem appropriate to me that the biggest orders are handled first (they are those who paid the most after all).
So my CE copy will still require shipping from UK to France, and it won't be here before a couple more weeks (hoping for no trouble)
Well at least I look forward to that moment!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesus and Didier: Ideaspatcher was supposed to ship the big retail orders first (at least 2 weeks ago), but they didn't follow my instructions, and they shipped them last. I'm very sorry about that.

Dr. Pepper: Here's the description of Extended Scythe (it's not a version of Scythe, just the name of a pre-order bundle):

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here ordered ages ago from a UK retailer still waiting ,

I know it's a pain but only one thing we can do: be patience and wait ... ( don't let me talk about "the others 7 sins" ... otherwise I start crying .... )
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Jesus and Didier: Ideaspatcher was supposed to ship the big retail orders first (at least 2 weeks ago), but they didn't follow my instructions, and they shipped them last. I'm very sorry about that.

Dr. Pepper: Here's the description of Extended Scythe (it's not a version of Scythe, just the name of a pre-order bundle):



Thanks. I knew, but I just couldn't remember what else what included in the bundle apart from the extended board: the 4 promo packs!




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Jesus and Didier: Ideaspatcher was supposed to ship the big retail orders first (at least 2 weeks ago), but they didn't follow my instructions, and they shipped them last. I'm very sorry about that.


Thanks Jamey, good to know you gave them sensible instructions at least!
Well, given all we've seen from them over the last few weeks I guess this may not come as a surprise anymore. It looks like they shot themselves in the foot with this disastrous campaign, and a few lessons have been learnt...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I agree. I'll post a full evaluation of the various fulfillment companies next week, but Ideaspatcher will be at the bottom of the list.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Yes, I agree. I'll post a full evaluation of the various fulfilment companies next week, but Ideaspatcher will be at the bottom of the list.


Do you know anything about http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/ ? I did pre order a collector copy from them .

Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boulou wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:
Jesus and Didier: Ideaspatcher was supposed to ship the big retail orders first (at least 2 weeks ago), but they didn't follow my instructions, and they shipped them last. I'm very sorry about that.


Thanks Jamey, good to know you gave them sensible instructions at least!
Well, given all we've seen from them over the last few weeks I guess this may not come as a surprise anymore. It looks like they shot themselves in the foot with this disastrous campaign, and a few lessons have been learnt...


Thanks Jamey, I've been talking to the person from the shop, and he's been on top of it too. But I suppose it's all out of our hands until they decide to ship. Anyway, I'm sure is going to be worth the wait

Didier, hopefully you'll get your game quite fast. Sometimes I bought from French online shops and took just a couple of days (3-4 days) so it probably will be the same the other way
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
Of course, my $115 for Extended Scythe were insta-charged on my account after I confirmed the purchase long, long ago...so unfair...

Long, long ago? Are you serious? You pre-ordered at a retailer who was a backer of the Kickstarter campaign. You did not back the Kickstarter campaign. You did not order "long, long ago". The backers have ordered the game long ago. Not you. There are many European backers who received the game yesterday, today (like myself) or even have not received it yet. Most South-American and African backers ("rest of the world"; also fulfilled by some totally incompetent French fulfillment company) have not received the game yet -- and they additionally have to rely on their (usually) sub-par postal system to get their games in good shape. YOU have absolutely no reason to complain here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loudsmoker wrote:

Do you know anything about http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/ ? I did pre order a collector copy from them .

Thank you


This is the same retailer I pre-ordered from, and you should have received an email today saying that the package should be arriving with them in the next day or two. They will then ship the games as soon as they can, I guess.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope no replay on my mail box yet .... cry

This waiting is consume me to the pulp...

Thanks to let me know,it means they have received their pledge and starting to ship out ...

Now I will keep to refresh my mail every 15 seconds .....shake

Can't wait to play this game ....I hope your copy reach you safe and in full glory !!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Loud smoker: What is your real name so I can post your tracking number? Or do you have your tracking number and it's just that the game hasn't arrived?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Loud smoker: What is your real name so I can post your tracking number? Or do you have your tracking number and it's just that the game hasn't arrived?


I pre-ordered it with http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk and no I didnt receive tracking number , it is just watching everyone else taking pictures of their copy and tell us how cool this game is that make the waiting even more "heavy" ...if you have any means to get more info of my copy I will PM my real email with real Name.

Thank you.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes. Despite my instructions to send the big, slower shipments (like retail backers) first, Ideaspatcher sent them last. They are on the way to BGE, though, and should arrive in a few days.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Loudsmoker wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:
Loud smoker: What is your real name so I can post your tracking number? Or do you have your tracking number and it's just that the game hasn't arrived?


I pre-ordered it with http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk and no I didnt receive tracking number , it is just watching everyone else taking pictures of their copy and tell us how cool this game is that make the waiting even more "heavy" ...if you have any means to get more info of my copy I will PM my real email with real Name.

Thank you.



I spoke with Andrew from boardgameextras this morning and he said that the games should have left the EU fulfilment towards the shop yesterday, but they still haven't received a tracking code for it, I don't know if along the day they have finally received the package or they are still waiting. Hopefully it will arrive very soon, and then is just a matter of a soulless of days from the shop to us
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesberpen wrote:
Loudsmoker wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:
Loud smoker: What is your real name so I can post your tracking number? Or do you have your tracking number and it's just that the game hasn't arrived?


I pre-ordered it with http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk and no I didnt receive tracking number , it is just watching everyone else taking pictures of their copy and tell us how cool this game is that make the waiting even more "heavy" ...if you have any means to get more info of my copy I will PM my real email with real Name.

Thank you.



I spoke with Andrew from boardgameextras this morning and he said that the games should have left the EU fulfilment towards the shop yesterday, but they still haven't received a tracking code for it, I don't know if along the day they have finally received the package or they are still waiting. Hopefully it will arrive very soon, and then is just a matter of a soulless of days from the shop to us



Thank you jesberpen , biting the nail to the pulp ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like watching Jamey's blog come to life.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
It's like watching Jamey's blog come to life.


Indeed. The OP is so way out of line it actually hurts reading his unfounded rant.
He doesn't seem to realize that European BACKERS of the game are still receiving their copies (I did yesterday), that preorders like his were supposed from the start to be shipped after backers got their copy, and the delays he is referring to only exist in his own head.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.