Subject: MMP suppliers in UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Where the heck did this interest in WW1 come from?
badge
Ashwin in thoughtful mood
mb

Is anyone apart from Second Chance games in the UK selling new titles from MMP? I see others (Gameslore etc...) have a bit of a back catalogue going on but nothing more recently. Any help welcomed (including why this might be the case).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Now that you're still in the EU you might want to take a look at ugg.de - they've got a bunch of MMP stuff, but not really competitive prices

For good prices, check out : http://fszvr.zpmfv.servertrust.com/category-s/125.htm?search...

The guy is here on BGG so you can contact him if you want something special
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Scott
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leisure Games and Board Game Guru are both worth a look but they tend to carry a similar range to Gameslore - they all use the same distributor after all.

You could give Hexasim a go though (they're based in France but they're quick and the postage is very reasonable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim.

As far as I am aware Secondchance pre-order games via MMP's P500 and get them as soon as they are released - i.e. before they go into the normal distribution channel, i.e. Esdevium who supply Gameslore/Leisuregames/Boardgameguru/IGUK etc. There is usually a delay of 4-6 weeks before they arrive in the UK via this route. This is why Secondchance tend to have some in stock (their pre-orders) go out of stock and then restock when they get supplies via distribution along with everyone else.

However, there is sometimes a disconnect between MMP and Esdevium for whatever reason, and MMP games arrive in Europe via distributor channels before Esdevium get them. Either MMP doesn't tell Esdevium they have new product available or Esdevium don't always order everything - ASL stuff has always turned up fairly promptly but things like 'Kingdom of Heaven' and 'Breakthrough Cambrai' took upwards of 6 months to find their way through.

I'm not sure how the restocking process goes - I can hardly imagine the main OLGS's rushing to restock wargames due to the low volumes - and therefore their maybe little motivation for Esdevium to do an additional order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mb

Hi Gordon!

There does seem to be an obstruction in the pipe. I would like to get the two new OCS titles but with my new employment situation I am wondering if I can justify £100 on them much as I like to support FLGS. Still, it is my birthday at the beginning of the month so maybe all the stars will align and GL and BGGuru will have them by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Man
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim,

I asked a similar question in this thread (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1596005/uk-distribution) and also on Consim in late June.

The only reply that I got was on Consim from Brian and it was something to the effect of Esdevium has ordered games recently, so we don't know why they aren't distributing them in the UK. Nothing else since then, and nothing has appeared from Esdevium.

I'm waiting on The Last Blitzkrieg. I ended up ordering the Operational Matters direct from MMP as it's a magazine it won't attract customs charges. I also bought Tunisia II from Second Chance Games.

Maybe someone at Esdevium is stock piling all the MMP games and will sell them at a later date for a massive profit

Will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
Either MMP doesn't tell Esdevium they have new product available or Esdevium don't always order everything

I'd suspect the latter. Its not hard to get on their mailing list for product updates. Probably a somewhat self inflicted prophecy of low demand due to sluggish resupply. Their slow restocks seem to be a frequent topic on CSW when customers ask MMP WTF is going on with UK resupply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Granted not the UK but Hexasim in France has pretty good prices and excellent shipping. Although, I'm not sure how you'd fare getting things to the UK, the exchange rate might offset any shipping charge dramas. Over 76 EUR is free shipping in France so it's worth looking into.

I've bought many games from Hexasim and Christophe is great with communication if you have any troubles. It's always been a good experience dealing with him.

Hexasim MMP link: http://www.hexasim.com/fr/10-MMP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie King
United Kingdom
Abbotts Ann
Hants
flag msg tools
IGUK usually have a small supply at some stage but you have to get in quickly as they don't get many copies. The pricing is usually very good though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sten Stenson Sten
Sweden
flag msg tools
Re: MMP suppliers in uK
If it is the price you have concerns about when it comes to ordering from Secondchance Games I dont think you should expect much lower prices from other UK importers. Post-Brexit, all imported goods will see priceincreases that reflects the significant depreciation of the GBP after 23rd June.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
"Capitaine Conan," by Roger Vercel (1934).
mbmbmbmbmb

Jim,

Also on the continent, but reliable and with reasonable shipping prices and a big selection is Board Game General:

http://www.boardgamegeneral.eu/

Tom gets games in pretty fast and his prices are good, some are lower than at other shops. His communication is great.

I've ordered from him three times and each time the games have arrived within days.

Offers discounts for larger orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin halloran
United Kingdom
carnforth
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim, I was unable to find a supplier of either Tunisia II or Operational Matters in the UK. Up until the Spring almost all my non-ebay buys have been from Hexasim. Not sure how the prices are now post-Brexit but previously they were cheaper than buying in the UK. The two games you are after were 100 euros with 14 euros shipping (it's free shipping to the UK on orders above 160 euros so I always make a bulk order). Last I heard they were expecting new stock in any day. Contact them through email as I've always found Cristophe to be prompt and helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mb

Thanks for the suggestions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.