Subject: NP Taliban March rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mb
Hi,

In the playbook's "Non-Player Taliban March Example" on page 25, why did the Taliban March only 1 guerrilla onto each of the LoCs? They're supposed to March until each has 1 more Taliban than non-Taliban, to a maximum of 2 Taliban. There are 2 Police on each LoC already.

So shouldn't the NP Taliban have Marched 2 guerrillas onto each LoC?

Thanks,

Drew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8.1.2, 4th bullet wants to get underground guerrillas on LoC's and 2 Guerrillas would exceed the 3 (cubes + insurgents) and activate them.

That's my best guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mb
Scottgun wrote:
8.1.2, 4th bullet wants to get underground guerrillas on LoC's and 2 Guerrillas would exceed the 3 (cubes + insurgents) and activate them.

That's my best guess.

OK.

I took that to mean that the guerrillas should be underground before they move, not that they necessarily need to maintain their underground status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scott is correct. At least the 1st edition playbook explicitly refers to 8.1.2; not sure about the reprint though.

Drew, your interpretation of that rule would mean that the bot deliberately Marches as many Underground Guerrillas as possoble to where they'd be Activated. That would be a bit... wasteful

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
OK, so related question. There are 3 COIN cubes on an LoC. Will the NP Taliban never March to this LoC, because doing so would cause the Insurgent to Activate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Oerjan wrote:
Drew, your interpretation of that rule would mean that the bot deliberately Marches as many Underground Guerrillas as possoble to where they'd be Activated. That would be a bit... wasteful

Actually, I did see the rule that it would stop at 2 Taliban guerrillas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's the March instruction, 8.7.3. I' talking about 8.1.2, the one that says to March to get as many Underground units as possible to the destination.

/Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Philips
msg tools
I got hung up on this the first time I played through it. I learned the hard way that it's a bad idea to automatically march as many Taliban as possible into a space, especially an LoC, with no regard for whether or not they can stay underground. If there's a couple of activated Taliban spread out on the map you can usually get most of them flipped back before too much happens, but if they're sitting on an LoC it's basically a footrace to see who gets there first to wipe them out. Government police live for stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.