Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VNG has gotten a lot of positive responses to the larger sized GorTex maps they did for Blocks in the East and Blocks on the West, and they released one for Moscow 41, based on the "20% larger" formula.

They got to thinking about Waterloo 200 and examined their files.

They did the blocks maps "20% larger" because that was the difference between the game double maps and the largest possible size, so followed that with Moscow 41, even though it's original map is smaller.

After examining the high rez files they had for Waterloo 200, they realize they don't need to restrict it to "20% larger" but can use the full Monty.

VNG just posted that they are taking pre-orders on a giant GorTex map for Waterloo 200.

It is about double the size of what came in the original game box-- 140 x 102 cm.

Pre-order now through Aug 21 and save 15 euros.

http://ventonuovo.ventonuovo.net/epages/15417.sf/en_US/?Obje...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentlefolk,

I have been doing my sums again and, if you compare areas, the Goretex map for Waterloo 200 is 2½ times as big as the normal map.

In terms of linear scale, (and these figures are approximate) one centimetre = 50 metres (1:5,000) as opposed to one centimetre = 70 metres (1:7,000) on the paper map.

This map is not only a fantastic size, but one of the most accurate Waterloo game maps that I have ever seen; one could almost play with miniatures on it.

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
...and I now have it, thanks to the generosity of a very good friend... wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.