$30.00
James Campbell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Growing old is mandatory but growing UP is optional!
badge
Tabletop Game News, Reviews, Sales, Design and Publishing. Visit us at www.iwillnevergrowup.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
#IntoTheBlack
Continuing the Saga!

Added development and updates to the game Post-Kickstarter

Though the Kickstarter may have flopped this time around, I got a lot of fantastic feedback from backers and play testers that has been going into the updated design of #IntoTheBlack.

The core of the game remains the same, but the evolution has brought us into territory that I never would have imagined when I first started building this little sci-fi universe.

A year in the making and still going; Expect the relaunch of the Kickstarter in the new year!

Additional Scenarios and Primary Objectives!

One of the little nagging things that bothered me all along, starting with day one, was the single, lonely primary objective. While it certainly made the game easier to balance and quicker to learn it left something to be desired. With backer feedback and a little help from some friends several new scenarios have been added to the game and are currently going through play testing!

What does this mean for players? Instead of a simple “Find and take over the bridge” scenario to win you will now have to select (at random) a scenario from a deck of cards for the game. Some are easy, some .. well not so easy (heck, downright nightmarish in some cases). Along with your personal objectives to complete there is now a whole lot more to deal with than ever.

Custom Dice!

Dice are great, but custom dice are better! Moving on from a simple x+ roll system the games dice system has evolved into one involving several custom dice. Each players’ character has a different set of dice to use for their actions; some better than others! Of course, you still get the opportunity to manipulate the rolls throughout the game via special abilities, upgrade loot cards and special events.

Upgraded Artwork!

All of the rooms and corridors, loot cards, events cards, objectives and player boards have gone through artwork revisions. While I originally thought “Hey, these look good”, upon further reflection the old art was mediocre at best. The updates are light years ahead of what we had before! Take a look for yourself at a couple of samples here;

Name Change!

While not completely necessary, there has been a slight name change. This will help bring Into the Black into the universe that is being created in a better manner.

More to come over the next few months!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.