GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: GameSeek (UK) and getting an e-mail response rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used all the search tools I can, and couldn't find a specific thread about this company. So I guess I'm the one to start a thread.

I made my first order from GameSeek nearly three weeks ago. Watching the order being processed was of the "blink and you'll miss it" variety - status changed to packaged and ready soon after making the order. It didn't ship immediately, but soon enough after.

Fast-forward to last Friday, and I'm starting to worry it's lost. Orders from the UK normally take around a week, and never more than two. I contacted them via their contact form, got no response. Tried e-mail yesterday, tried the form again today, and none have resulted in responses. Since ordering I've received a number of new product e-mails from them, so e-mail is working. I run the mail server I get my mail to, so I know it's not getting caught by overzealous spam filters either.

I DID get a fairly quick response on Twitter, suggesting I phone them, but I'm not phoning the UK (especially not with my current hearing). So I'm sort of stuck here, waiting for a thing that never seems to arrive.

What are people's experiences with them here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalia Goykhman
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get your order by now?

I'm reconsidering placing an order with them due to your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
All is well! Complicated story involving bouncing e-mails and exceedingly slow service from Royal Mail.

I got what I ordered, and GameSeek's support have been very helpful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.