David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
In what round does a game of Ground Floor typically end for you?
  Never Rarely Often Most Often
Round 6
Round 7
Round 8
Round 9
      18 answers
Poll created by dshortdesign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Never, often x3. Round 9 is becoming rarer though, there is always someone very invested in engines and you need to stop him asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
This depends a lot on what kind of economies people enjoy playing with. I answered based on the starting economy. However, when we have experienced players we really enjoy a more punishing economy which leads to the game ending in round 9 a lot more often. In the starting setup I would say round 9 ends would never happen, with a really bad economy they become most often.

Likewise I would say round 6 is never going to happen, but I guess if you played with really nice economies it could, although I still find it hard to believe but that might be because I've never played that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can almost always end the game by round 8, usually by round 7 but it doesn't necessarily mean a win at that point, since floors are often inefficient points compared to other options - and as a result I'd say round 8 ends are more common. Round 9 is more common if it feels like I still won't win with 5 floors in round 8.

I've yet to see a round 6 ending game, although I think I've come close once. It feels really tight to achieve - either getting an Empty Floor in R1-3, and then probably Construction Admin R4, Floor R5 and two more floors R6, or Construction Admin R4, two/one floor R5 and two/three floors R6 seem like the most likely way to do it, but all of them seem very tight - at least 8 actions on Construction Admin once is managable, but when you're spending that many on it and still having to pay up the total $36+36i or more by the end of round 6, that's hard.

I think a round 5 end is technically possible, but almost impossible in real situations. Basically it's an "assume everyone is working towards this goal and you have perfect knowledge of RNG" puzzle, probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Wright
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

First of all, huge fan of Ground Floor, easily in my top 3 games.
Second of all, why the interest now?! Could we be expecting something coming along? (If so I will beta test!!!)

Thanks!

Enoch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
enochwright wrote:
David,

First of all, huge fan of Ground Floor, easily in my top 3 games.
Second of all, why the interest now?! Could we be expecting something coming along? (If so I will beta test!!!)

Thanks for the love. I can't report anything yet. cool

If I need testing help, I'll be sure to notify you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.