Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since many of you don't check the special BGG forum for Terra Mystica: Erweiterungsbogen, you may find this interesting:

All hail
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
, who put together a document with the rules for the bonus landscapes which won the poll one month ago!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As specified in the file current comment, a mistake on Nomad's Landscape has been detected. I choose the alternative I was supporting instead of the actual poll winner

Version 1.1 of the file will fix this (pending)

Fell free to suggest rules clarifications that have been answered in the geeeklist, I will add them in an additional FAQ section. (future versions of the file)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lê Hải Nam
Vietnam
flag msg tools
Nice work my friend, you are a hero.
I want to ask if I can transform this Landscape again? I'm an opponent and want to terra your Landscape for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
No, because it is a "free" building that you can choose to use when you terraform a non-native hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.2 has been uploaded : New FAQ section and fixed Cult Palace (no condition for building)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silly Words
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb

Jeez. Alcehmists sure won that lottery......no faction got anything else like 2 free priests.

Second place is probably Cultists. Who effectively got +1 on each cult, unless their opponents get to the 10th rank.

Witches got raped. How many times is +3cult better than 5vp? Going from outright 3rd to 1st for a 6vp. Unlikely to be used, espcially with such a high cost (two TE). Whatever. Something more to sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SillyWords wrote:

Jeez. Alcehmists sure won that lottery......no faction got anything else like 2 free priests.

Second place is probably Cultists. Who effectively got +1 on each cult, unless their opponents get to the 10th rank.

Witches got raped. How many times is +3cult better than 5vp? Going from outright 3rd to 1st for a 6vp. Unlikely to be used, espcially with such a high cost (two TE). Whatever. Something more to sell.

The Witches landscape sure seemed like the worst of the bunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why do you think it's called a blunder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SillyWords wrote:

Alchemists landscape is surely OP. They already are very strong in certain setups if played by experts.

I don't see cultists Cult place as very strong. In most games with Cultists 3 or 4 cults go to rank 10. Best benefit is likely to not share second places on level 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SillyWords wrote:

I see two use cases:

1. Winning a cult and getting cult bonus as well.
2. Taking a cult from a direct competitor, 8vp swing.

I see no high cost, you often will build two TE anyway. It only limits the use to second half of the game, but you will rarely finish towns earlier.
Building it late is better anyway. You will want to build dwellings first because of the worker income, round 5 and 6 and often round 4 as well the bonus landscape is the better choice if you terraform anyway. It doesn't have the dwelling costs and can be used for towns and network as well.

The bonus landscapes of Darklings, Chaosmagicians and Dragonloards are worse because they require a building at high cost they often don't want or can#t afford. Not being able to place the special landscape will be a
huge disadvantage for network scoring in high nlevel games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1869 wrote:
SillyWords wrote:

I see two use cases:

1. Winning a cult and getting cult bonus as well.
2. Taking a cult from a direct competitor, 8vp swing.

I see no high cost, you often will build two TE anyway. It only limits the use to second half of the game, but you will rarely finish towns earlier.
Building it late is better anyway. You will want to build dwellings first because of the worker income, round 5 and 6 and often round 4 as well the bonus landscape is the better choice if you terraform anyway. It doesn't have the dwelling costs and can be used for towns and network as well.

The bonus landscapes of Darklings, Chaosmagicians and Dragonloards are worse because they require a building at high cost they often don't want or can#t afford. Not being able to place the special landscape will be a
huge disadvantage for network scoring in high nlevel games.

If the point bonus for building Towns is earlier though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

If the point bonus for building Towns is earlier though...

They will build one town for 5vp and two towns while having a choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.