Popular Tags: [View All]
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys

I want to sit down and play. Don`t know where to start to be honest. There are no "how to play" videos with regards to 2.0 rules.
I got everything from first kickstarter and all the 2.0 rules that were sent to the backers.

How to play, where to start, modules etc...makes my head spin...please advise. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2.0 didn't really change the rules, it cleaned them up. If you watch the learn to play videos from MCG's website you'll be on the right track. It'll just be easier for you to find stuff in the rule book afterwards. (Assuming you have a 2.0 rule book.)

Don't concern yourself with modules yet b/c they are not available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davro33 wrote:
2.0 didn't really change the rules, it cleaned them up. If you watch the learn to play videos from MCG's website you'll be on the right track. It'll just be easier for you to find stuff in the rule book afterwards. (Assuming you have a 2.0 rule book.)

2.0 rulebook - check
modules - are those online on MCG site not modules? Rise of the Revenant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This might help you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
This might help you out.

Speaking of , check out this youTube channel. Think they did a great job at explaining things. It's in the 1.0 material, but it's still the same core rules, the cards are just laid out better in 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmB8wQPEn5pGJ6EsfTwy2Sw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:
Guys

I want to sit down and play. Don`t know where to start to be honest. There are no "how to play" videos with regards to 2.0 rules.
I got everything from first kickstarter and all the 2.0 rules that were sent to the backers.

How to play, where to start, modules etc...makes my head spin...please advise. thanks

Welcome back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nimmzwei wrote:
skolo wrote:
Guys

Welcome back!

lol

indeed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:
davro33 wrote:

2.0 rulebook - check
modules - are those online on MCG site not modules? Rise of the Revenant

Yes, I forgot about Rise of the Revenant being revised to 2.0, so yes it is a module for Myth. Fury of the Fireborne (also a free download) is still a 1.0 story quest. I was referring to the modules coming from the KS not being available yet.

But just to explain in the simplest way possible, a module is pretty much just like an old D&D module or a set of scenarios for any other RPG or war game you might play. It is a set of pre-designed games for you to play that are tied together in a story. Unlike a basic game of Myth, the module tells you exactly how to set up the table (specific boards, mobs, traps, etc) so you don't have to do anything yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.