DOOM: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Should i sell my Old Doom Version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Garcia
msg tools
Hi
There go some doubts about my old version of Doom
Should i remove from my collection since new version is going to be launched?
Its an improvement game of old version or is so different games between them ?
So many doubts
help me !

TY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Robert
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll buy that for a dollar! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
atoj wrote:
Hi
There go some doubts about my old version of Doom
Should i remove from my collection since new version is going to be launched?
Its an improvement game of old version or is so different games between them ?
So many doubts
help me !

TY

Wait for the first reviews of the new edition, and then decide. As for me, I'll keep the old, because it still means the world to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The games look like they'll be different enough to both be enjoyable. If you have the budget and shelf space, just keep both.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too early to tell yet, but so far it seems quite different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm holding onto my copy. The original seems to be more dungeon crawlish while the new version seems like it might be more of a tactical skirmish. Handling your cards in the new version seems to differentiate it from a dungeon crawl type experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll say this about the original game: it captures the feel of Doom 3 incredibly well.

When I picked up Doom: The Boardgame, I was quite excited to see a Space Hulk-like game: modular boards, 1vMany, Marines vs Alien-ish figures, etc. But when I played it, while I had some reservations about my overall enjoyment (coming from Space Hulk, I didn't like the Frag/Respawn rules, and felt the Armor rules needlessly complicated), in general I thought it captured the feel of Doom 3 so incredibly well that I fell in love with it.

Looking at this new Doom, it looks a lot more like the new DOOM video game (i.e. Doom 4). DOOM has gone back to an incredibly simple, fast-paced, no-nonsense FPS, like the original Doom. This boardgame looks like it will capture that feel pretty well, more so than the original boardgame could have.

So honestly I'll be buying/keeping/enjoying both, just like I do with the video games (though truth be told, I think Doom 3 is a better game than DOOM, and chances are good the boardgames will be the same for me).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Sasse
Germany
Waiblingen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't, but I love the old version more than all Descents and Imperial Assaults of this world. If you ever think of selling, please PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.