Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know this game nor Euchre, but I'm searching about for card games and for my purposes they are a bit thin on the ground. 500 is one of the closest.

So I'm wondering what could be done to adjust 500 to make it more 'fun'/social? Laughs and groans fun and tabletalk, or else just plain cursing, like Wizard.

My criteria for traditional card games are :

1)social/fun
2)rating of minimum 6.7 (100+ votes)
3)weight of max 2.1
4)Less memory element

Wizard's a good one for all of that, but that's just one game. And so far I don't have any partnership games for a bit of variety.

What I was thinking of was perhaps not giving out so many cards, just as 99 and Wizard both take quite a number of cards out of play for each hand. Then maybe taking the wizard trick of super trumps and guaranteed loss cards. Any other ideas?

Is this the wrong game to graft such features on to? Ie, impossible or too involved. Obviously with the extra random element and 'special powers' it may be a quite different game, but that's fine by me, just that it would be a practical adjustment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you mean Wizard?

What I gather from your question is that you'd like to find a lightweight partnership card game for social settings, something other than everyone for themselves. For that, I'm not sure 500 is what you're looking for, because it's already a bit more "serious" than Euchre (which might fit your needs).

Other possibilities might be Partnership Hearts, something in either the Pitch / Cinch or Bezique / Pinochle families, or maybe a domino game such as 42. I'm also not sure how your guests would receive additional mechanisms grafted onto the game, but a climbing game such as Big 2 might take such additions more gracefully than other types of card games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.