Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the Planning Section of the Rule book it says:

Eliminated players also contribute cards during this phase with the goal of spooking the other players into Calling Guards on them

Under the Elimination Phase it says nothing about removing the eliminated pawns, only the target cards which are discarded face down on the board. This seems consistent with the earlier section of the rule book. Eliminated pawns keep moving around the board as ghosts to spook players into thinking they are still looking for their targets.

Unfortunately in the Quick Reference Summary on the back page of the rules it says the following:

3. Elimination Phase
a. Players in same Location as their Target may Eliminate that player.
b. Remove Eliminated Assassin Pawns from the board.

This seems to contradict the Planning Section of the rule book I quoted earlier, as if eliminated pawns are removed, why would the eliminated player still contribute cards to spook other players, they have no assassin left to move.

Does anyone have a ruling on this? It would seem to me that the back page is wrong, but I'm curious to hear from people who have played it both ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played last night with keeping the Eliminated Assassin Pawns on the board. I think this is definitely the way to go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas S
msg tools
I agree that this is confusing.

I have played it both ways, and can't really figure out what the best way to play it is. It could be nice to have some specifications from the makers on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Peterson

Layton
Utah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 11 of the rule book is an Introductory Scenario.

IF playing the Introductory Scenario, Pawns are removed from the Board.

IF playing the full game, Pawns are not removed from the game.
Therefore Eliminated Players will continue to play. An Eliminated player wants to play cards to make an active player think they are their Pursuer. IF an active player Calls Guards on an Eliminated Player, the Eliminated Player gains two points.

The summary on the last page should read, "Remove Eliminated Assassin Pawns from the board IF playing the Introductory Scenario."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.