Hide
5 Posts

Pandánte (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Card Quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim landers
msg tools
I just got Pandante Deluxe 2nd edition. It is absolutely a beautiful production. Very,very nice components. The only slight drawback for me, is the quality of the cards. Due to the nature of the game, it will be necessary to shuffle the cards quite often and though the cards are ok, I think they are likely to wear quite a bit over time. I sleeved mine.
It would be really great if the designer would have some high quality, plastic coated, linen finish, Poker style cards.
Is that a possibility as a separate purchase upgrade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Glad you're enjoying the Pandante Deluxe components!

Sorry to say there are no plans to craft any plastic coated cards at this time. I personally love those myself, but they're a huge cost to manufacture especially if we aren't sure we could move a lot of them, you know?

But yeah I'm happy you think your Pandante cards are precious enough for sleeving

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim landers
msg tools
Totally understandable. I figured it might be a cost issue. I am really enjoying the game and I hope a lot of gamers will check it out. It is a really fun game to play and quick to learn. I have a lot of heavy/complex games and Pandante is a nice break from those and I am proud to have it in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Wilhelmi
Germany
Husum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite the fact that a few of my cards came damaged (but got replaced without any trouble), the Sirlin card quality is usually high.

The cards look and feel flimsy they are pretty durable and usually need no sleeving like CCGs do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yeah, the card quality on my personal sets has always been great. I've never felt the need to sleeve them (no $60 Rares in Yomi, lol) but you totally could if you wanted to.

But then they won't fit in the awesome deck boxes or the sweet EX box

Anyway, the Pandante Deluxe cards are actually the exact same quality of previous Yomi productions, and if you ask serious Yomi players how their cards are holding up after all this time, they'll probably say they haven't needed to replace them yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.