So, I have recieved a lot of interest in the game, perhaps because it offers big parts to smaller countries that are often overlooked, but I have decided to post what materials are needed for a plytest copy if someone wants to try and play test it for me overseas etc.
Most of the game easily usaes bits available in everyone's collexction (PR and Settlers), but it does require a lot of card sleeves. It's is not a card driven game (CDG) bit it is card heavy.
1. 4 little boats/markers of 4 different colors (Settlers)
2. Something to use as goods (PR barrels, non square bits)
3. Some cardboard for markers (I'll email anyone the marker sheet)
I used one side of a ceral box)
4. A large format printer (map is 16' x 24')
5. Two turn markers
6. About 15-20 cubes of 4 colors (any Martin Wallace game)
7. Anything that can be used as a hut/building-5 in 4 colors
8. Something to use as a fort (rarely used)
9. 2 decks of 4 different color card sleeves for nations cards
3 other deck (50) in different colors...
The card sheets are just in Word and you don't have to have sleeves for a playtest but it will help. A big part of the game is secret deplomeny/movement of fleets.
You will then be ready to dominate the Spice Trade!!
The first playtest reports are coming soon...