Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of a variability in the cards, but I really wonder how long does the set up/clean up take? It feels like it could be too long for such a short game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It certainly felt that way for me the several times I've gotten it to the table. Clean up is a pain in the ass with that tray. I found it cumbersome to find the right place for the cards and then make them fit in the slot... So much so, that I ditched the tray and now just keep the cards in like stacks - Appetizers, Rolls, etc. - with a band around them and the corresponding tiles. Am hoping that simplifies the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nothing. Maybe an extra minute just to decide what cards you're going to use, but that's not a big deal when you consider the replay-ability and variety of this game. Because they're all separated, it's super simple to take the stacks that you want, with the tile right in front, shuffle, and get the game going. At the end of the game, just remind everyone that they need to be separated. Each person separates their piles, and one person puts them all back into the box. The slots are not specific to type, so just throw each stack into any open spot. Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snowden27 wrote:
The slots are not specific to type, so just through each stack into any open spot. Done.

I thought they were slightly different sizes for the different card types.

In any case, keeping Appetizers together (for instance) makes setting up the next game even faster.

I don't mind sorting out the cards and putting them away while everybody else begins the "what do we play next?" dance. It doesn't take that long anyway, but even if it did, I've always got a few minutes to kill between games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:

I thought they were slightly different sizes for the different card types.

I haven't found that to be the case. Really, most of the "decks" are the same size, except for the desserts, so I just put them in wherever. I do agree, though, that it helps to keep the types (Appetizers, Rolls, Deserts, etc) next to each other. I keep mine in the order listed in the manual, but I moved them around a bunch of times before I settled on that. Where I put them didn't seem to make a difference. Glad for that too, as the slots aren't labeled. It would be AWFUL(!!) if you had to just remember where they were supposed to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with Among the Stars and Millennium Blades, I wonder if it'd be worth keeping the deck the same or mostly the same for a couple of games, and then changing it between sessions, rather than setting it up and tearing it down each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
As with Among the Stars and Millennium Blades, I wonder if it'd be worth keeping the deck the same or mostly the same for a couple of games, and then changing it between sessions, rather than setting it up and tearing it down each time.

With Dominion we usually play two or three games in a row and we just swap out one or two sets of the cards for new ones. It puts a nice twist on each game and the play time gets quicker as you are familiar with most of the cards. I will probably do the same for this game though as a filler-type game we sometimes only want to play this once at a time, and get on with the longer games.

Maybe keeping the deck bagged between games would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without labels, and with the steep angle that you need to view the card faces, finding the right card stack at setup and, to a lesser extent, finding the right "home" for it during cleanup felt like too much of a chore for a game that is supposed to be a quick play filler-type game. I'm talking about within the context of a game night with a bunch of eager faces looking at you for "what's next?!" wanting to have fun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Jeffers
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrockLobster wrote:
Without labels, and with the steep angle that you need to view the card faces, finding the right card stack at setup and, to a lesser extent, finding the right "home" for it during cleanup felt like too much of a chore for a game that is supposed to be a quick play filler-type game. I'm talking about within the context of a game night with a bunch of eager faces looking at you for "what's next?!" wanting to have fun...

In that situation, maybe you could just set the components and box aside and then organize it later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.